Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car is better and has more 'bang' for the buck?
Lamborghini Gallardo 5 45.45%
Ford GT 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #46
broddie50
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

I think ford got it's butt in gear and was sick of everybody passing them by. When you have the resources a huge company like that has, you can manufacter a car like the GT from drawing board to reality in a short amount of time.
broddie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:30 PM   #47
Mr Payne
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonaleash1187
imo the longer a car is in r&d, the better it will be because the longer it is in there, the more time they had to perfect it. unless the company is experts in that type of car (which i dont think ford are complete experts in fast cars), it should take a little longer.
It already puts out the numbers. What more do you want?
Mr Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:39 PM   #48
broddie50
AF Enthusiast

I heard that Mr Payne. True, the Europeans have pretty much owned the exotic car segment for quite awhile, the pure performance that the GT is putting out is great in my eyes. Slapped together the GT isn't...
Old 02-13-2004, 12:28 AM   #49
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
It comes down to the diehard fans of european supercars would hate to have to admit for one minute that Ford, GM, Chevy can build a supercar just as well and cheaper, and quicker when it's not even thier forte. It's not that hard when you can throw money into it that Ferrari and Lambo could only dream of.

As for it saying Ford... I would like nothign better than to have a GT and go smoke a guy in a 360(which it can) and then be able to look at him and say "And it's a Ford too!" Hell I'd love to if it said Chevy or Dodge!!

GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 01:18 AM   #50
broddie50
AF Enthusiast

I know it's hard to admit that a American car can beat the "super cars" at their own game but... Hey, don't hate cause you ain't.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:48 AM   #51
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang
As for it saying Ford... I would like nothign better than to have a GT and go smoke a guy in a 360(which it can) and then be able to look at him and say "And it's a Ford too!" Hell I'd love to if it said Chevy or Dodge!!
then lets pull up to a club or somin and see who likes which one more, a ford or a ferrari. with exotics, you arent paying all that money for speed alone. you are buying the looks and the name too. i cant wait till the 360's succesor in a year. it will outrace the gt, and do it with a n/a 4.2L v-8, no supercharger or anything, except the fine tuning of europeans.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:00 AM   #52
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang
It comes down to the diehard fans of european supercars would hate to have to admit for one minute that Ford, GM, Chevy can build a supercar just as well and cheaper, and quicker when it's not even thier forte. It's not that hard when you can throw money into it that Ferrari and Lambo could only dream of.

Chevrolet have never built a super car, they've made a cheap wannabe supercar that is the American Skyline GTR.

The Ford GT on the other hand is certainly more competent than the ZO6, OK a LOT more competent. But do you honestly see the GT being cheaper than a 360 by the time the dealer sells it to you??? I certainly don't.

Besides we've gotta remember that the 360 is ageing at the moment, it's in a holding pattern as the replacement is due around a similar time the GT is released (2005-2006).

I'm more interested to see if Chryslers Detroit '04 Supercar concept will go into production, personally.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 06:49 PM   #53
1965PontiacGTO
AF Enthusiast

I know this is off topic but Chevrolet should make a supercar or make an option besides the Z06 on the Corvette where the corvette much better performance and is still made by Chevrolet.
3. 1969 Pontiac GTO
Looking for any Pontiac 1979 and earlier
"In order to establish a sportscar, you have to race it." -Zora Duntov
"There's no replacement for displacement"
Super Duty- Everything a Pontiac ought to be (until Ford swiped the name for it's truck line.)
1965PontiacGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:28 PM   #54
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonaleash1187
then lets pull up to a club or somin and see who likes which one more, a ford or a ferrari. with exotics, you arent paying all that money for speed alone. you are buying the looks and the name too. i cant wait till the 360's succesor in a year. it will outrace the gt, and do it with a n/a 4.2L v-8, no supercharger or anything, except the fine tuning of europeans.
Nobody is disagreeing with you for the fact that a ferrari is more than a car meant for speed. Everybody knows this by now, its been beaten into the heads of probably ever AF member unless they just became one. (if they haven't already knew to begin with)

One thing I do have to ask you is: How do you know that the 360s succesor will out race the GT? Please elaborate.

Tell me how is the Ferrari's 4.2 engine is better than the GTs? Leave the supercharger alone, its weak.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 08:46 PM   #55
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

Hey, I'm not saying that that GT is shoddy, it really is a great car. What I said was that "relatively" it was thrown together. However, you can't deny that the Ford engineers cut some corners (the used a freackin pickup truck engine, albeit it a good one).

Again, the GT is a good car, I just prefer the Gallardo.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:32 PM   #56
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

im just saying that the 4.2L will probably outrace the gt. lets thing about statistics. most ferrari's get about 110 hp per liter. with a 4.2L engine, the ferrari will make about 460 hp. with that much hp and a n/a, the 360 (420 it might be called) would probably outrace the gt. but dont take my word for it.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:39 PM   #57
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

Lamborghini all the way. It looks better. Its pimper. Its fast enough.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:21 PM   #58
1965PontiacGTO
AF Enthusiast

moslerporschefreak
Quote:
the used a freackin pickup truck engine
Its a pretty damn good pickup truck engine though, yeah?
3. 1969 Pontiac GTO
Super Duty- Everything a Pontiac ought to be (until Ford swiped the name for it's truck line.)
Old 02-14-2004, 01:00 PM   #59
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

yeah, it is. But its derivation has to hurt not only the sound quality but also how it performs in relation to a serious road car's needs. The lightening doesn't have the same needs from an engine as the GT does, and granted the Ford made some changes to the engine, you still have to admit that it does say something about the time put into the car. But as Crayzayjay said, maybe that's a testiment to the Ford engineers.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:46 PM   #60
1965PontiacGTO
AF Enthusiast

yeah your right, it doesn't sound that good. And what about the Viper's engine, that was originally a truck engine and then refined by a Lamborghini engineer, but no one talks about that anymore.
3. 1969 Pontiac GTO