Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 11:14 PM   #16
hakka
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by jak112460
What is it that makes the later ZR-1s heavier?
I believe the redesign of the interior added a few pounds, as well as adding the traction control system. It was a minimal weight gain (or so I've heard), but enough to cost a tenth or so.

About the startups...yes, it's true, and they did fire her soon, but only after a few of the cars had already been delivered...the damage was already done then
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 01:28 PM   #17
L88srule
AF Newbie

zr1 vs zo6 ? hmmm id go for the zr1 every day just my opinion tho
L88srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:47 AM   #18
vette boy02
AF Newbie

i would have to say id take the z06 there are alot of reasons why, dont get me wrong cuz i love vettes no matter what the year is. i have a c5 which is virtuall the same thing except for the seats and the rear intake for break cooling and somthing like 30 more hoursepower. id have to say iv hit some pretty high speeds in that car and hit some corners pretty fast and the car performance wise has never fumbled.
vette boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:36 AM   #19
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
I'll have to go with the Z06 on this one to. I think the mere fact that it was produced over half a decade later than the ZR-1 gives it an advantage to newer technology. Although I think it would be a hell of a thrill to drive a 32valve vette that revs to 7000! Well sh*t, I would love to drive em both. I love all Vettes.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #20
hiphophomer
Banned

Re: Z06 vs Z-R1

the origional corvette beast is the lingenfelter zl1!
hiphophomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 11:47 AM   #21
03vetteZ06
AF Newbie

the corvette z06 reaches top speeds of over 200mph.
03vetteZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:10 PM   #22
vette boy02
AF Newbie

well here we go back to arguing about tuner corvettes. i think its a common talk in every forum and thread!!!
vette boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:36 AM   #23
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakka
The ZR-1 is the original beast... Many people don't know what a ZR-1 is, but those that do give it a lot of respect. You might even say the ZR-1 is a legend
Well said. Before the Viper, there was only the ZR-1 - America's greatest street machine. And you're right, when do you ever see a ZR-1 anymore? The Z-06's are everywhere!

Say, have you ever seen a black LT5? Most of those engines were silver with black lettering - but I saw one up at the cottage back in the day that was black with the "CORVETTE" and "32-VALVE" in red lettering. Looked wicked.

Those valve covers in general were massive eh! One thing I hate about the new LS1/LS6 mills are those butt ugly valve covers - they so damn ugly, that they took what began as plastic fuel rail covers in the C4 and extended them over to cover up the entire engine! Damn they ugly.
DVS LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:38 PM   #24
TEXAS-HOTROD
AF Regular

On the older cars you could install a set of anodized valve covers, a polished intake and various billet parts. Seems like now the cool setup is to replace the plastic cover w/a carbon fibre shell. Besides, there are so many harnesses, lines and tubes covering the new engines, it is useless to try to dress em up. Maybe the shells do serve a good purpose---TEX---
TEXAS-HOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:56 AM   #25
Guyanson_Mendiola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by themodelkid
He means no other stock:

Taken from Motor Trend Web Site:

Fastest Tuner Corvette MT Has Tested
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering built a twin-turbo C5 that ran 226 mph on Transportation Research Center of Ohio's 7.5-mile high-bank oval test track-- accomplished using street radial tires and pump gas.

Fastest Corvette
Jim Epler's Easy Care-sponsored C5 Corvette blew past the finish line at 311.27 mph during the 1999 NHRA Gatornationals.

But other wise he would be correct:

Fastest Stock Corvette
As part of a top-speed test (August 1993, page 37), we tested a '93 Corvette ZR-1 (C4) to 181 mph, and a few years later we pushed a '99 Corvette Z-51 (C5) with an LS-1 V-8 to 173.6 mph (July 1999, page 40). We haven't had the opportunity to top-end a new 405-horse Z06, but stay tuned.
nice!
Guyanson_Mendiola is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette