Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 11:44 PM   #16
bluevette74
Banned

sure it would be nice, but who gives a fuck! I dont see anyone say, "ooh theirs a vette, but the enterior sucks." and what do you mean up sales? corvette is one of the best saleing performance cars thats ubove 40k!
bluevette74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 01:09 PM   #17
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertigo
but most of the worlds performance cars (newer ones anyway) already come with great interiors that match the high quality of the rest of the car. All we are saying is that it would be nice if Chevrolet adopted the same attitude. Maybe just maybe that would increase sales.

Two things. One, if you want things like the interior to match the exotics of the world, then be prepared for the price to match as well. GM is quite aware of how many Vettes they would sell at $100,000 to $150,000. Since nobody else sells many at that price, why go into a smaller market? As far as increasing sales, where are they going to get the market from? Lambo sells what, maybe 1200 cars per year? Same with Modenas. How many GT2s are sold? Corvette sells 33000 cars per year. They have the vast majority of the performance market as it is. And don't make the mistake of thinking M3s are in the same market as ZO6s.

By the way, how many E46 M3s were sold in their first year?
Old 01-06-2002, 02:30 PM   #18
tigerirons
AF Regular

You have a point, but I disagree. Do you really think that a world class interior for the Corvette would increase the price from around 45K to over 100K??? I'm sure that Corvette owners and prospective buyers would not mind one bit shelling out an extra 3/4/5K for an interior that German auto drivers would be jealous of.
tigerirons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 03:32 PM   #19
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

Obviously GM disagrees, and they have done extreme polling of current Vette owners to come up with their conclusions.

Having said that, I've been in a couple of E46 M3s, and I don't feel the interior is as nice as the Vette's. Of course, much like what you said, that is an opinion. And in case you weren't aware, the interior of the Vette is totally unique to the Vette. It doesn't share parts with anything else.

In terms of cost, GM is where they want to be to sell every Corvette they produce. Obviously the buyers agree, as the Vette plant always works at maximum production.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:38 AM   #20
Spork Lover
AF Newbie

Chevy doesnt target the supercar market(100k + club).... It just so happens that the vette performas so well, that alot of people like to throw it into that category. Alot of peoples complaints with chevy is all rooted in how chevy plans to sell their cars....to the masses. They dont plan on making a couple thousand a year.

the corvette's competition disappeared years ago, they just didnt sell... rx7, 300zx, supra...and now that the corvette is one of the last of its kind(affordable sports car) car mags feel the need to compare it to the real super cars. Just remember...Chevy didnt design the vette to be a super luxurious car with a ton of gee-whiz gizmos. They designed it with the best and most affordable sports car(not super car). Sure GM could stick a better interior in...but that was never what the vette was about.... some people take these cars, and their rich histories out of context... there is nothing stellar when you are targeting the masses, or shooting for affordablity.

On another note...wait for caddilacs car to come out, its going to be gm's luxurious sports car, it will have the interior you want

Heh... I think the vettes are soo much better than fbods...talk about horrible interiors.

True super cars dont even have interiors if you ask me..look at Mclarens, f40, or f50s....those are the super cars....

Also remember this, Chevy isnt the only company hiding its top end cars behind different badging... so is honda(acura...why dont we see any honda nsxs in the states?), nissan(infini) and toyota(lexus)

When car manufactuers make cars for the masses it tends to happen.
Spork Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 10:21 PM   #21
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
The old interiors are nice in a vintage way, like a race car, at the very least, serious.

But now they have plastic . Of all the things, use something else. Metal would be nice, but take a lesson from Audi. It could even be lighter, and would be much better. Nothing wrong with the comfort, but the aesthetics should be addressed.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:45 PM   #22
327belair
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 327belair
corvettes have extremely well-designed interiors, they are comfortable for long drives, supportive for fast driving, and all controls are placed within reach exactly where your hands fall. the only problem with the interiors is the fact that they have black plastic. if u look through an ecklers catalog, you can buy carbon fiber, woodgrain, or aluminum inserts for the dash, and that eliminates the problem. and ive seen some people paint the consoles silver and vents body color, the options are endless. quit griping about the only flaw you can find on the entire car and actually drive one, you will love it
327belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 07:59 PM   #23
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Quote:
Originally posted by 327belair
quit griping about the only flaw you can find on the entire car and actually drive one, you will love it
I have to gripe, its a shortcoming. But I don't hate the car! I love Corvettes, especially the Z06. It is faster than a Viper and 911 Turbo, and its much cheaper. I love it. But it should come with the Carbon-Fibre from the factory, dont you agree?
Old 02-18-2002, 11:34 PM   #24
327belair
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 327belair
yeah, i agree, but im a bigger fan of brushed aluminum.
327belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:03 PM   #25
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

Well, in my opinion, if they're going to increase the price of the car, I'd rather they went with more power. The only problem with the interior as far as I'm concerned is that the ashtray area doesn't look quite right.

But at 150mph, who looks?
Old 02-22-2002, 01:00 AM   #26
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
i dunno about the whole faster than a viper thing, but id rather have one anyday
kidrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 11:46 PM   #27
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

I have to agree...if you can drive a ZO6 faster than a Viper in a straight line, then you ARE the man...look for a career in professional driving.
BlkZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 12:31 PM   #28
Camez69
AF Newbie

Thumbs down ZO6 Corvette

The only thing that I have to say thats bad about the Corvette is that people compare it to the Cobra R as a lot better than it. But think the R is only a 5.4L compared to the 5.8L vett. That little bit or difference is the only reason the vett does 0-60 in 4 flat instead of 4.5sec. And as for the 10 grand more for the R, that is just into the racing suspension that is on it. So if anyone asked me if Ford could make a quicker car than Chevy then it would definitely be Ford. As for liters for pony's, Ford has it down. :smoker2: :smoker2: :smoker2: :smoker2: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :sun: :sun: :sun:
Camez69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:17 PM   #29
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
the cobra is nice, but a Z06 would tear it a new asshole on a road course. As for your racing suspenson, the Z06 has a damn nice one as well, and it comes with air conditioning and a radio
kidrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 09:29 PM   #30
BlkZO6
AF Newbie

Ponies per litre? Isn't that some sort of ricer thing?
BlkZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD