Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
sneiser
AF Regular

Your all time favorite model.....

This could be one you've made or one you have seen..... but if you could give yours to the rest of us along with a pic that would be great! im just interested to see what people think, also i would love to see some sweet pics. If you want to give a reason why that would be cool too!
Thanx in advance!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

My favorite model is easily Bill Cunningham's "Grand Sport Corvair" that was in Scale Auto Enthusiast. He did this stellar GT40-style clamshell rear deck and dropped in a hyper-detailed version of the Accurate Miniatures Corvette Grand Sport's small block Chevy, complete with quad side-draft Weber intake. The interior was practically all scratchbuilt and he did all the photetch himself. He even custom machined the wheels from round stock aluminum and scratchbuilt a nickel plated front bellypan.

The whole car was painted in a gorgeous Pearl White. One of my long LONG running projects is to replicate the build, but I'm using a big-block from an Accurate Miniatures McLaren M8B and am adding candy blue pinstripes.

I've only got as far as cutting up the chassis plate (on a $30 Prestige series issue of the AMT 1969 Corvair ).

Runner up, though I can't remember exactly who built it at the moment, is this 1/8th scale entirely scratchbuilt model of Mike Muldoon's #50 Oswego Supermodified that was at the Toledo NNL. It was incredible, plus I'm a huge Supermodified fan.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:33 PM   #3
CamaroSSBoy346
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CamaroSSBoy346
Re: Your all time favorite model.....

Covairs are sweet (fuck ralph nader)..

My favorite model, is one that im currently working on. Its Revell's Fox Body Mustang GT Convertable (87-93) Its my favorite because it has so much more detail that i added, then any other models i've built. It signifies what i like in cars. The paint isnt perfect, its shiny in other areas, had to sand a fend smooth (i might leave it like that though) I dont care if its in primer, has mis-matched body panels, as long as its fast, i couldnt care less about paint or the body. As the old saying goes "its got 'it' where 'it' counts"
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials
2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater
CamaroSSBoy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #4
rx7king
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rx7king

i have to many, but it would be between the revell ITR, the toyota supra (any tamiya version), and the tamiya nissan skyline R34
Old 02-05-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
gasman03
AF Enthusiast

favorite built up is deffinently Bill Geary's 57 Vette, seen it at the 03 Mid Atlantic NNL. incredible model, even has working crank windows. what go up and down.

Favorite kit is a hard one. AMT is reissueing the 74 GTX and already have 4 of them preordered. Revell 32 Ford comes to mind. MPC Mustang II's, gotta find another one. Tamiya Enzo, but my favorite is prohibably the Tamiya 2000+ Celica, built one already and building another one currently, and will have another one to build soon. so many ways to build it.
gasman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:58 PM   #6
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

Unbuilt= Too many to list!!

My favorite built one is shown below; I like it because it turned out better than I expected it to.

tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:10 PM   #7
gasman03
AF Enthusiast

cool Aviator Tunioseven

Samual Jackson beer. MMMM good bitch
gasman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:22 PM   #8
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

I was going to orginally say the Tamiya S2000, but that's not right. After thinking about it, I have to sat my favorite kit is the Revell Civic. There are so many options for it and its parts. I find myself using its motor (thank God for that motor!) and decals and battery and whatever in all sorts of other projects. I've only built one Civic but I've gone through a handful of their kits. It's perfect for motoring the Fujimi CRX, EJ, DC2, the Hasagewa EG, a Tamiya Lotus 7 (all of which are on my future projects list). The carbon fiber decal isn't bad, and the underhood decals rock. You can be pretty creative and remove the battery and airbox. The battery is great for any modern Japanese car and the airbox would look at home under the hood of just about any stock Honda. Plus, the Integra and hatch come with those intake filters which look pretty good under a lot of engine and save on scratchbuilding effort. That's a great kit.

And as far as favorite model... hmm... no idea. So many rock.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:40 AM   #9
labandabonnot
AF Enthusiast

When I'll get pics, I'll give my answer...
Old 02-06-2004, 06:59 AM   #10
labandabonnot
AF Enthusiast

I made them...
Just to have a laugh, I took pics of my first build of this kit (overall: 2nd!): quite a disaster! Hand painted, overglued, and many parts broken...

But I hope you all recognized the Fujimi Enthusiast Series' Lamborghini Countach LP 400!! :l ol::ico n16:

It was many years before... But my story with this kit isn't finished yet: one day I hope I'll make something acceptable from it!...
It would be posted here as soon as I would succeed......one day, mabye...

I hope you won't consider my post as off-topic! I just wanted to say the greatest kit for me is the one I have a true love story with...
If you ask me about others' kits, I'm afraid I won't be able to give an answer... I've seen so many beauties here , it's impossible to choose!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling