Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 10:45 PM   #1
plecdogg
AF Newbie

Question ZC or not?????

Please help!!!

I recently bought a used motor and transmission that claims to have only 50 000 km and also claims to come straight out of Japan. when I recieved the motor, the stamp on the block says ZC 5705699, however it came with 2 carbeurators (not fuel injected), and it also only has 1 camshaft (not the dohc that the zc should have). So my question is, is there such thing as a ZC block that is carbeurated?? and also is there such thing as a ZC block with a single camshaft?? and last and also most important, WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF ENGINE DID I BUY?? If it is any help I only paid approx. 1200 canadian dollars for both the engine and the transmission, and the transmission I got is stamped L3 1648642. I will be combineing this new engine with the fuel injection sytem from my d16a6 engine will this cause any problems.

Sorry if this doesn't make alot of sense, I am new to the tuning world, and do not know much about the japanese market. Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
plecdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 11:08 AM   #2
NIMO
AF Newbie

Basically you got the same motor that you have in your car, they make the ZC-SOHC, ZC DOHC for Civic/CRX, also ZC-DOHC brown and black valve covers for Integra 86-89, also ZC-SOHC for 92-up Civics, so you got the same thing you already had, but the transmission try you axles first before putting it on, they might not fit.
NIMO is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical