Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 09:48 PM   #1
lewkskywalker
AF Newbie

Blown V10

What would happen if you put a blower (supercharger) on a Viper GTS?
lewkskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:32 AM   #2
Scott 02
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Scott 02 Send a message via Yahoo to Scott 02
Increased Horse Power if you add a supercharger. I know you can add a Turbocharger on it as well.
Scott 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 12:14 AM   #3
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Re: Blown V10

Quote:
Originally posted by lewkskywalker
What would happen if you put a blower (supercharger) on a Viper GTS?
There are only a bunch of tuners who already do it...

- Doug Levin
- Sean Roe
- Jason Tarnutzer
- Jason Heffner
- Dan Cragin

Almost all of them lack intercoolers, which means they are typically set up for 1/4 mile racing. many also are running big shots of NOS.

The problem that none of these tuners realize is that the HP and torque generated by these engine exceeds the chassis and suspension spec's of the car. On top of that, the transmission and differential are only rated up to a maximum of 600 hp. The rear suspension doesn't transfer weight well, because it is set up for road racing and keeping the car flat in high speed turns. Thiese issues also apply to the twin turbo cars.

The bottom line is that these cars have some serious traction issues, and are pretty disappointing. There is a 1,000 rwhp blown and NOS RT/10 that can barely break 10 secounds... that about says it all. There are better ways to make the Viper go, and HP/torque are the least of the worries.

That's my $.02.

Brad

Viper 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:24 AM   #4
TexasVipers
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Blown V10

Quote:
Originally posted by Viper 10

Almost all of them lack intercoolers, which means they are typically set up for 1/4 mile racing. many also are running big shots of NOS
The Vipers dont lack intercoolers, they dont need them to make high horsepower. Vipers can make enormous power without them. Also Hennessey and Levin have intercooled Vipers.

Quote:
The problem that none of these tuners realize is that the HP and torque generated by these engine exceeds the chassis and suspension spec's of the car. On top of that, the transmission and differential are only rated up to a maximum of 600 hp. The rear suspension doesn't transfer weight well, because it is set up for road racing and keeping the car flat in high speed turns. Thiese issues also apply to the twin turbo cars.
Are you serious? You dont think SVSI, Hennessey, TNT or any other long time Viper tuner who have completely been through the Viper and know every aspect and exact detail of the car dont know what you know about the Vipers chasis and suspension? The Vipers chasis is the same exact chasis (except lightened) used in the racing Vipers (those Vipers have over 700 hp) If you know what you know why dont you go to SVSI, TNT (e.t.c) motorsports and tell them they've been doing everything all wrong for 10 years now and show em how its really done

Quote:

The bottom line is that these cars have some serious traction issues, and are pretty disappointing. There is a 1,000 rwhp blown and NOS RT/10 that can barely break 10 secounds... that about says it all. There are better ways to make the Viper go, and HP/torque are the least of the worries.
Brad

Second, the Viper is by no means a quarter mile car, if so it would have a beefed up solid rear-end, 4-speed automatic powerglide transmission with a 3500 stall and 4.30 gears. Any Viper tuner will tell you a drag-prepped Mustang with 800 hp will spank a 1000 horse power Viper in the quarter mile, but after the quarter mile the mustang will get stomped, its all what your going for, if you want to drag race your Viper you dont spend 50k on twin turbos, you spend 20k on suspension, driveline, slicks, and lots of nitrous.
TexasVipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 05:58 PM   #5
neonrcr95
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to neonrcr95
you could alaways go with an hrc twin turbo. That will put u up to 750 hp. Pretty nice.
neonrcr95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:04 AM   #6
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Blown V10

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasVipers
The Vipers dont lack intercoolers, they dont need them to make high horsepower. Vipers can make enormous power without them. Also Hennessey and Levin have intercooled Vipers.

You are obviously a Levin and Hennessey fan, but you also lack the understanding of forced induction and what intercooling does. I am a fan and have met with Doug Levin, and he is a good engine guy. I recommended to Doug to develop an intercooler over 5 years ago.

The fact that you even mention Hennessey tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Hennessey is a criminal who steals people's hard earned money. Go back to your magazines...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Are you serious? You dont think SVSI, Hennessey, TNT or any other long time Viper tuner who have completely been through the Viper and know every aspect and exact detail of the car dont know what you know about the Vipers chasis and suspension? The Vipers chasis is the same exact chasis (except lightened) used in the racing Vipers (those Vipers have over 700 hp) If you know what you know why dont you go to SVSI, TNT (e.t.c) motorsports and tell them they've been doing everything all wrong for 10 years now and show em how its really done
Once again you are wrong. The chassis on privateer Vipers might be the same, but not on the GTS-R's. oreca makes a fully tubed racing chassis and a full carbon fiber body. The race car is NOT anything like the street car... once again your magazines are getting the best of you. The fact that you sight people like SVSi, TNT and Hennessey tells me that you first of all don't own a Viper and are about as smart as the magazines that you read. If you have any knowledge of these tuners, you would not spout off like you are. I can introduce you to several people who have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars to these thieves.

If you do own a Viper, I invite you to write a blank check to one of these tuners so that they can stretch your sphincter.

quote:

Brad

Quote:

Second, the Viper is by no means a quarter mile car, if so it would have a beefed up solid rear-end, 4-speed automatic powerglide transmission with a 3500 stall and 4.30 gears. Any Viper tuner will tell you a drag-prepped Mustang with 800 hp will spank a 1000 horse power Viper in the quarter mile, but after the quarter mile the mustang will get stomped, its all what your going for, if you want to drag race your Viper you dont spend 50k on twin turbos, you spend 20k on suspension, driveline, slicks, and lots of nitrous.
Did you actually agree with me (in part)? So which of your wonderful tuners are doing this to Vipers? Absolutely none of them are! By the way, I would not use a powerglide (I would recommend a Lenco) and I would also add a hallibrand quick-change rear suspension unit.

I don't think that you would get ANY Viper tuner to admit that they would be spanked by a Mustang. Keep on reading those magazines and listening to the Dallas and Houston VCA propaganda (if you own a Viper).

[/quote]

Viper 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 04:05 PM   #7
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Have you bought anything for your Viper, or is it still stock?
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 12:38 AM   #8
TexasVipers
AF Newbie

Quote:

You are obviously a Levin and Hennessey fan, but you also lack the understanding of forced induction and what intercooling does. I am a fan and have met with Doug Levin, and he is a good engine guy. I recommended to Doug to develop an intercooler over 5 years ago.

Really? Good job that you met Doug, does it have to do anything with the subject? . The point is there is a certain level of horse power that is obtainable with stock parts, alot of the tuners want to stray close to this line so that the upgrading of stronger internals is not necessary, thus not having an intercooler isnt necessary in moderate horsepower applications.

Quote:

The fact that you even mention Hennessey tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Hennessey is a criminal who steals people's hard earned money. Go back to your magazines...

Yes I have heard everything about Henessey time and time again, but once agian you stray off topic, did I say anything about his ethic of business? No. Crook or not he built/builds fantastic vipers, that HAVE intercoolers, which you said none did?.

Quote:

Once again you are wrong. The chassis on privateer Vipers might be the same, but not on the GTS-R's. oreca makes a fully tubed racing chassis and a full carbon fiber body. The race car is NOT anything like the street car... once again your magazines are getting the best of you. The fact that you sight people like SVSi, TNT and Hennessey tells me that you first of all don't own a Viper and are about as smart as the magazines that you read. If you have any knowledge of these tuners, you would not spout off like you are. I can introduce you to several people who have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars to these thieves.
If you do own a Viper, I invite you to write a blank check to one of these tuners so that they can stretch your sphincter.

Youre going no where with this, the fact is I did read that the Vipers frame was the same as in the racing version, I read this in the Viper magazine that I get quarterly ever since I BOUGHT MY FIRST VIPER.
By the way if you know other people who have gotten ripped off by other tuners than HMS, then why wouldnt you go to Viperclub.org and post them so the Viper community knows this valuable information?

Quote:

Did you actually agree with me (in part)? So which of your wonderful tuners are doing this to Vipers? Absolutely none of them are! By the way, I would not use a powerglide (I would recommend a Lenco) and I would also add a hallibrand quick-change rear suspension unit.

Really, none of them are? How about you call up SVSI tomorrow and ask them what kind of work they are doing now for quarter mile Viper performance. Whats with the naming better performance products, were you trying to show me you actully know something? I was purely giving example with the parts I listed anyway idiot.

Quote:

I don't think that you would get ANY Viper tuner to admit that they would be spanked by a Mustang. Keep on reading those magazines and listening to the Dallas and Houston VCA propaganda (if you own a Viper).

Spanked? They probably won't say it in that manner but most big tuners who care about reputation will say that they are 2 diffrent kinds of cars.

By the way you are doubting me if I have a Viper(s)? I cant believe with the intelligence that you've shown above with your points you can be smart enough to afford a Viper, your paragraphs are blotchy and you seemed to misunderstand every topic I had wrote, and just because you have a picture of a Viper in your signature means nothing.

Last edited by TexasVipers; 03-04-2003 at 12:35 PM.
TexasVipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 09:17 AM   #9
450HPviper
AF Enthusiast

Settle Down guys, we all know I know more about vipers then all of you. :huh: They have 8.0l V10 engines, right. Yes, one for me. 87362 to go.
450HPviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:00 PM   #10
Scott 02
Banned

Quote:
we all know I know more about vipers then all of you.
Sounds like a challenge eh stevo
Old 03-08-2003, 02:37 PM   #11
redrun
AF Newbie

Supercharger in a GTS ACR. Great idea!

redrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 02:38 PM   #12
Scott 02
Banned

Quote:
Yes, Alot of people have thought of that.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:51 PM   #13
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Quote:
Originally posted by redrun

That's quite a nice setup, I prefer SVS's though, they seem to know every aspect of what they're doing.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:21 AM   #14
V10 MOJO
AF Newbie

heffners are intercooled, DLM are intercooled. both great tuners. Ive personally decided to go with heffner for my snakes upgrade SC package
V10 MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 05:30 AM   #15
450HPviper
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I prefer SVS's though, they seem to know every aspect of what they're doing.
Agreed
450HPviper is offline   Reply With Quote