Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 06:07 AM   #1
iceracer1
AF Enthusiast

VW T1 Deluxe

Another new project. A Revell/Hasegawa VW T1 Samba Deluxe. It's just a normal Hasegawa kit in a Revell box from years ago.

Got the right paintset from Zero Paints.

Wheels will be Torque Trust resin wheels with VW adapters I got from Ebay years ago...

The decals were very hard to apply. I used a lot of SOL and a hairdryer but it was still a hard job...

After this I could spray the Diamond 2K clear. It was my first time and had a few problems with my airbrush. Starting with the wrong needle.... I had a lot of orangepeel. I sanded the body and painted it again (much better) After that I also polished out a lot of dusts on the roof.

I also made a little how to for lowering this car.

If you want to have it real low, you need to cut out the top of the wheelarches. You also need to lift the frontseat a bit to make room for your wheels.

The rear is very simple. Instead of glueing the axle on the engine piece, you glue it on the highest point of the chassis. And cut out the wheelarches.

Kris.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
88Porsche944
AF Regular

Re: VW T1 Deluxe

Looks Outstanding!
88Porsche944 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street