Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #151
DocGTR
AF Regular

Re: The Definitive McLaren F1 Scale Model List.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstg01 View Post
Very nice work indeed to correct a minor but still annoying mistake of the manufacturer!

The other small flaws on the models are easier to forgive but such chassis mix up is just laziness. Why then even put them on the base.
DocGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #152
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Sami Aaltonen

Finally it's ready. The new look of my Kuvablogi's McLaren F1 section.
I re-desinged it completely new and it was well worth it.
First some new boughts from EBAY:

#01R BMW Dealer Edition, Minichamps 1/43

#12R GULF #33 Minichamps 1/43. I have allready it by UT, but now also from Minichamps, very good quality!

Long waited, long searched, finally got it and it's brlliant, absolutelu superb! It was even better than I exected!
The #16R Le Mans 1996, BMW Dealer Editon, Minichamps 1/43

Then some collection images, IXO vs Minichamps #24R, Lots of differences can be seen.

The #01R collection, UT, IXO and two of Minichamps

And some of GTR's which has J.J Lehto's name on the door; or he has driven it.

Don't forget the images of #16R with some Minichamps images.
Finally I got clear, this is year 1996, no question about it!

And the McLaren F1 Memorabilia has some faults, but I have good reasons. I try to work this out at the near future.

And if some one has corrections about anything on my Kuvablogi album, please tell me those errors, I correct them.
Mostly I mean these scale model albums, where I have tryed to get a good close up every specific model racing history.
If there is anything wrong, please tell me.

Hope you liked these!

----
Kuvat.fi -McLaren F1 GTR and many others!

Sami Aaltonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #153
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts

Looking pretty good Sami. I was hoping to upload images of my 1/43 collection, but the final model is still waiting to be delivered from the US - The sellers postal problems meant it was shipped back there without me slapping my eyes on it. Should be a couple of weeks
Old 01-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #154
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

OK! Hopely you got it soon. Then we can enjoy another collection here!

----

Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #155
astonmartindbs001
Aeolus DawnWalker

Good evening, everyone. I just wanted to add some pictures of my own modest collection of McLaren F1 models to the HUGE warehouse-full here. While I would not be surprised if mine turns out to be the smallest model collection ever shown in this thread, all things considered, in isolation I'm still quite proud and happy of the few models I have as they've been slowly purchased and collected over the past 4 or 5 years using my preciously accumulated allowance money, as I am still studying in University and don't yet hold a steady job.

With that said, I hope that you guys appreciate the images of this modest but passionate collection which I have to offer:

My 8 McLaren F1 models on their display shelf, dominated by the UT 1:18 models of F1 Le Mans XP1LM, and F1 GTR #12R which I bought as a special gift for my brother Timothy on his 12th birthday in 2008.

I am actually very intrigued by the iXO 1:43 Blood Red McLaren F1 model shown here. The name is clear for all to see, but this model has raised more questions in my mind than any other. Upon close examination, it seems to be an F1 Le Mans road car variant but painted Blood Red, with GTR badges, black engine cam covers, and what seems to be a fully trimmed Road Car interior. This one really has my head spinning. Does anyone have extra information regarding this model and why it is configured in this manner?

And now, some words. Most expensive model in my collection? The UT 1:18th model of XP1LM, by far!! Unfortunately the point in time when I really wanted this model was also the time when values of most McLaren F1 models were sky-rocketing in response to new demand. This being the best example that I could find on EBay, I had to send away just a smidge over 300 Euros to a shop in Germany for it!!! But when it finally arrived and I uncovered it for the first time, I was overjoyed and knew that every cent of my money had been well spent. Despite the obvious flaws and inaccuracies, the model arrived in perfect mint condition. Even the paintwork is flawless, with no fading, scratches, stains or dings anywhere on the bodywork.

Cheapest model? Well that would have to be the poorly detailed High Speed 1:43 scale model of the BMW Motorsport F1 GTR. I bought it when I was, what, 16, and it cost 6 US Dollars when new. Probably worth less than a Dollar now. But hey, we all have to start somewhere, right? It was also the first model in my collection.

My favourite model? Most of you would assume the XP1LM model, but in actual fact it is a very close tie between that and the 1:18 F1 GTR #12R model which has another intruiging story behind it. I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted it sitting on a window-side shelf of a collectibles auctioneer and retailer shop about 20 minutes' drive from my house in 2008. It literally stopped me dead in my tracks! It also has to be one of the model bargains of the year as I paid just 34 US Dollars for it. Since my brother Timothy shares my love of the F1 and loves the 1995-1996 Gulf Racing GTRs particularly out of all F1s, I decided to give it to him for his 12th birthday that year. Initially I thought of getting my friend to design and make a custom box for it out of a shoe box, painted in the Gulf Racing Blue and Orange colours and using the classic Gulf logos as highlights. But I then discarded the idea when I realized that it would somewhat spoil the surprise. It was pretty special seeing him open the box on his birthday and finding it sitting there for the first time. I will never forget that look of awe and wonderment on his face at receiving his first ever F1 model, and one which he loves so much at that.

And finally, what's missing from my collection? Well, EVERY OTHER MODEL out there!! Just off the top of my list however, I think that my collection seriously needs to have a model of the 1995 Le Mans-winning F1 GTR #01R in it. Unfortunately prices are once again rising and peaking at the moment, and it will in all likelihood be another 5-6 years before I can afford one of those.

That's it for now. Take care, and I'll see ya soon, mates.
astonmartindbs001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #156
astonmartindbs001
Aeolus DawnWalker

Oh right, guys, I almost forgot to add. The place where I bought all my 1:43 scale F1 models, a Malaysian shop network called Nikko which specializes in supplying medium-to-high-end car scale models to collectors, was sadly closed down in the middle of 2009. I remember they even used to have a Minichamps 1:12 model of F1 Road Car XP5 in one of their branches' window displays, and I used to stop by and drool over it all the time, although at the 1000 US Dollar asking price I could never afford it. I think it was due to a severe lack of business especially during the heights of the economic crisis, and probably unable to meet cost and profit targets, the owners chose to close shop instead. So now I have to rely on international sources. With that said, my collection here could possibly be one of the last and greatest collections of F1 models in Malaysia. Just a little thought.
astonmartindbs001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #157
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

I finally got my 2nd WEST set today, so thought it about time I got them all together (although I am waiting for 2 more and looking at 2 more too )

click on each pic, then again, and finally again for the biggest size

(still no sign of the LARK Autobarn set anywhere for sale though )

All in addition to these that I have stored at my parents house (no room at my house for the 1/18's and 1/12's what with 2 kids, all these 1/43's and a wife too)
Old 01-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #158
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Great! Now just needed the collection shot of two West sets and FINA set....

----

Old 01-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #159
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

I'm not going to get my new set out of the box as I may sell it at a later date - I already have an idea what they look like

I took this shot though
Old 01-30-2010, 01:30 AM   #160
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

----

Old 01-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #161
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

----

Old 01-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #162
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

This look pretty neat, but a bit expensive
Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #163
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Hmmm....... Did I or did I not seen the wrong collored wheels there...
Anyway, very good detailed, 1/43 it's special. But the price........

----

Old 01-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #164
DMFerrari
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Aaltonen View Post
But the price........
Exactly...
I wont ever pay more than $200 for any 1:43rd, and even that would be very rare for me.
DMFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #165
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

Quite a good collection you've built for yourself there Greg!

Is there a difference between the two Lloyd's GTRs or did you just need to have a pair of them?

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1