Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #46
ianc911
AF Enthusiast

Re: Anybody order anything from StradaSports recently?

My last order with Kevin (for ~$150US) was on 15 Jun, which is about two weeks ago. Not that long ago, but my credit card was charged on the day of purchase and I have already received the bill and paid it.

Still no response from Kevin of any kind apart from the automated order confirmation. I know that it takes time to process orders, and that he might need the payment up front to order stuff. No problem. I just need communication. Is it that difficult to spend 3 min. writing an email giving me some status info?

People say 'Oh, Kevin has a day job', and 'he's always done right by me', but if you are running a business and taking people's money, that entails certain responsibilities, and keeping your customers informed is part of that. Not that happy...

ianc
ianc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #47
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc911 View Post
My last order with Kevin (for ~$150US) was on 15 Jun, which is about two weeks ago. Not that long ago, but my credit card was charged on the day of purchase and I have already received the bill and paid it.

Still no response from Kevin of any kind apart from the automated order confirmation. I know that it takes time to process orders, and that he might need the payment up front to order stuff. No problem. I just need communication. Is it that difficult to spend 3 min. writing an email giving me some status info?

People say 'Oh, Kevin has a day job', and 'he's always done right by me', but if you are running a business and taking people's money, that entails certain responsibilities, and keeping your customers informed is part of that. Not that happy...

ianc
this was my problem. I dont mind waiting but the communication wasnt there. I sent 3 emails, and after the 3rd, finally, all I got as a response was "its going out tomorrow".

Its a shame to see these guys decline in service and stuff but if you dont communicate, people will go elsewhere.
Hemi Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #48
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Killer View Post
this was my problem. I dont mind waiting but the communication wasnt there. I sent 3 emails, and after the 3rd, finally, all I got as a response was "its going out tomorrow".

Its a shame to see these guys decline in service and stuff but if you dont communicate, people will go elsewhere.
My problem is this--where to go? Kevin's got (ostensibly) the best selection of most any store in the US. Is there a better one out there?
racer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #49
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

Media mix in Singapore has been solid. Fast shipping and their site shows what's in stock. I wait maybe a week longer than the fastest shipping US company. They have an excellent selection
Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #50
RonCla
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
My problem is this--where to go? Kevin's got (ostensibly) the best selection of most any store in the US. Is there a better one out there?
StradaSports does list a great selection on the website but without communication you have no way of knowing what is in stock or even if its available. Since he won't answer my emails I'm left in the dark

I could second Media Mix. I've been dealing with Wong for years without an issue.
RonCla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #51
John18d
AF Enthusiast

I can't recommend Mac's Modeling enough - he has a lot in stock - he can get anything from Japan - Hong Kong etc and it usually has cost me less in the long run. Mac is experiencing some growing right now though - he's looking for a bigger shop - he'll need some help soon as the volume is picking up - I probably do $300-400 a month with Mac and I am very pleased. I am aware that places like HLJ require a minimum purchase before shipping to a stateside vendor - so I do not mind having to wait a month - I am very please with his service - as for communication - I send in the order - and then I call to find out when my payment is due - usually when the stuff arrives and is ready for pickup or shipping. Give Mac an email or a call and see if you want to send your stateside business there. For anyone wanting the website link or the lastest news letter just PM me - John

Keep in mind guys that you are just one order (one email) when you add up all the orders there's hundreds of emails - they cannot be expected to sit around all day just answering emails - I submit an order give it a couple of weeks if not in stock then I make a call - a few minutes on the phone goes a long way. This is what I do with Mac at Mac's Modeling - Kevin is a different matter as of late - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #52
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Media mix in Singapore has been solid. Fast shipping and their site shows what's in stock. I wait maybe a week longer than the fastest shipping US company. They have an excellent selection
Hemi Killer - If you're happy with media mix then I am not one to tell you where to spend your money but for me I try to spend my model money on companies here in the USA like Mac's Modeling and Stradasports (at one time) if we cannot support our stateside companies there wont be any - John
Old 06-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #53
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
Hemi Killer - If you're happy with media mix then I am not one to tell you where to spend your money but for me I try to spend my model money on companies here in the USA like Mac's Modeling and Stradasports (at one time) if we cannot support our stateside companies there wont be any - John
When i can't get anything within a reasonable amount of time or get any sort of proper communication from an American company what do you suggest.

I buy regularly from Strada, Scale Motor sport, model car garage and my local hobby shop. I only recently found out about Mac's and I don't build F1 cars.

I buy Zero from the UK, and the other hard-to-get parts from Singapore. I have stocked up and spent over $400 from these US companies in the last couple of months, and about $100 between Hiro and Media Mix. That should last me for a very long time.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #54
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
When i can't get anything within a reasonable amount of time or get any sort of proper communication from an American company what do you suggest.

I buy regularly from Strada, Scale Motor sport, model car garage and my local hobby shop. I only recently found out about Mac's and I don't build F1 cars.

I buy Zero from the UK, and the other hard-to-get parts from Singapore. I have stocked up and spent over $400 from these US companies in the last couple of months, and about $100 between Hiro and Media Mix. That should last me for a very long time.

Hemi Killer - I was not attacking you personally - please don't take my comment that way - I was just stating I try my best to support American first then I go off shore - with respect to Mac's Modeling - you are mislead - Mac does everything not just F-1 - I'm primarily a MotoGP - Racing Bike -Sports Cars guy but I do a few F-1 and I also do SF3D (maschinen Krieger) and Mac gets that for me to. He can get everything that Kevin can get and stocks Top studio - T2M - Hobby Design - AZRM wheels - KA Models - Nicolecron decals -and much more and many of the newly released models are in stock - Take another look at his website and notice the other tabs on the left side of the web page the tabs for the other types of Modeling - Mac is also working on being a USA "Zero" paints distributor - Mac can get anything you just hav to let him know what you're looking for - John
Old 06-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #55
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

I wasn't offended, no need to apologize.

I will check back with Mac now that he's back in the US.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #56
Big Kahuna
AF Regular

I have finally had some emails from Kevin (Surprise surprise) on this matter.

Just to clarify, I double checked my bank records I have not been charged for the order.

As for the rest, I am getting my order cancelled. The 1 year wait is a joke. If it is beyond his control, then something should be said earlier. This is the bit I am unhappy about and looks like I am not the only one. The communication coming from there was less than ordinary. Each to there own, but I'll go elsewhere in future. There's your retraction!

Thanks for nothing SS.