Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 03:18 PM   #1
teg#1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to teg#1
2000 integra type R vs. 99 prelude

What would you guys get, a teg type R or a 99 prelude vtec? These two cars basically have the same power, maybe a lil bit more w/ the prelude b/c of the bigger engine, but the teg weighs less...which car do you think would be better for a street racer, i don't plan on getting a turbo untill about 2 years after i get the car, so just basic bolt-on mods...thanks
teg#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 03:26 PM   #2
supafly1024
AF Enthusiast

I hate to say this but if the price is about the same I'd get the Type R.
Old 02-09-2002, 01:59 AM   #3
LoudLude
AF Newbie

yes, if you want a street racer, the type R would be a better choice. (IMO)
LoudLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 06:20 AM   #4
MARKUSIUDIUS
AF Enthusiast

SORRY

Id have to say it is a known fact that the 2000 model Type R has the best chassis set up of any front wheel car. And performance wise its a little beast. It will actually keep value to as honda let the side down with its newer piss poor release.:flash:
Old 02-09-2002, 11:42 AM   #5
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Veetec Send a message via AIM to Veetec
I had to choose between an ITR and a Prelude, too. It wasnīt an easy decision but finally I decided to get the Prelude because itīs not that much slower than an ITR, because it has got more nice features stock(cruise control, A/C, seat heating, more comfortable overall,....), most people donīt like huge wings over here (me neither!), lower tax and insurance costs (very important),.....Okay, the ITR has got a much better suspension but Iīm sure that most people donīt even need such a suspension for their daily-driver and there are a lot of ways to get a better handling! And itīs much more difficult to modify an ITR properly without hurting the stock performance IMO. Iīve read in a well known british sports-car magazine that you can change the stock handling of an ITR badly by just changing the rims and stuff like that (because of the possible extra weight and overall size of the rim). Donīt get me wrong the ITR is a great car and I still like it very much but IMO the Prelude is just the more rational car! But most people arenīt rational in here so you might want to get it again.....
Veetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 02:09 AM   #6
pw_350Z_baby
Banned

Very simple:
If you want a quick little street car, get the Type R, and upgrades will make it quicker easily.
If you want a comfortable, well-mannered, and kinda quick car, get the Prelude. It's not much slower than the Type R, but much more comfortable and easy to live with. Besides, I personally think it definitely looks much better than the Type R, and even more classy.:bonghitte :bathroom: :ylsuper :monkeypis
pw_350Z_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 11:31 AM   #7
del
móddə rāytər

between the two, the prelude's got the heftier engine, but it also carries more weight which makes it slightly slower then that ITR. it's not impossible by any means to beat an ITR with the prelude, i've done so myself on a number of occasions. and i've lost my fair share to ITRs. but stock to stock, equallly-skilled drivers, the ITR will come out ahead almost every time. it's a whole weight issue with the prelude. if the lude should lose 300-400 lbs, even 200lbs, the ITR wouldn't be able to touch the prelude in the straight line race. the ITR is definately the choice for autocross. race-tuned suspension and chassis outdoes the prelude's. get the SH model and you'll at least be able to keep up with the ITR on long stretched curves. but when it comes down to nimbleness and agility in the cornering, the ITR is better. like it's been said, for a daily driver the prelude's the better choice. also, even though it's the type r, it's still an integra and if everyone's mother and their sister don't own a civic, they own an integra. the prelude is definately the stand-out car coz there are few on the road.
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 01:15 PM   #8
border_project
AF Enthusiast

i would go for the type r.
you have more trunk space, more space for the people in the back.
its lighter and the stock type r looks really nice. it has a reasonable skirt and front with a spoiler.
also the type r is more of a sports car, the gear ratios and the higher rpm
border_project is offline   Reply With Quote