Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #1
Ttrelease
AF Newbie

06 Jetta 2.0t Engine Clack

Hello all! Trying to fix a friends car and I need help! So here's some back story. He had been getting the low oil pressure light on and off for the past month or so. When he has changed the oil the past two times he said it has been low. Now there is an engine clack from the top of the engine that makes the car sound like a diesel engine. It seems to be coming from, what i assume, is the crankcase attached to the right side (opposite side of timing belt) It is not a tdi, it is gas. But this sound completely goes away at rpms higher then 2500. There doesn't seem to be any loss in immediate response or power when accelerating. I thought possibly the timmimg belt but when i removed the service door the noise did not change in loudness. I have changed all the spark plugs and ignition coils. It has also thrown 4 hard obd fault codes as follows;

P0299 - Powertrain

P0171 - Powertrain System to lean (Bank 1)

P0011 - Powertrain "A" Camshaft position - Timing over -advanced or system performance

P0340 - Powertrain Camshaft position sensor "A" circuit ( Bank 1 or single sensor

....it also has three pending codes

P0455 - Powertrain Evaporative emissions control system leak detected

P0101- Powertrain Mass or volume air flow circuit range/performance problem

P0100 - Powertrain Mass or volume air flow circuit

I think possible the pending codes are a result of me disconnecting the MAF sensor because it is attached to the engine cover and in order to work on the engine I needs to be off Any info, suggestions, or if you know exactly what's wrong and how to fix please let me know!!

Thanks in advance!
Ttrelease is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora