Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Touareg
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
mbunakeith
AF Regular

does your toureg need repairs alot?

just thought i would shoot that question out there. i am a saab mechanic that used to work with a bunch of vw techs and touregs came in the shop with multiple, difficult problems like there was no tomorrow. we had people dropping them off at the shop with big letters on the windows stating what a hunk of crud it was, they hate it and that vw wont buy it back. are they really that junky? too bad, cause they look cool.
mbunakeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
veedubmechanic
VDUBMAN

04's had hoards of problems (mainly comuter programming issues). It was the first time VW put 72 control modules in a vehicle. (TPM problems) mainly due to customers not knowing how to use the system!!! (OMG the TPM light is on and i dont know what to do, lets bring it to the dealer and have them add 5psi to my tires so the light will go off, or... OMH my TPM light is on and I added air and the light went off now its back on... omg maybe its because I have a nail in my tire) They did alot better off with the new jetta launch because they had 150 "reps" driving arround new jettas for 3 months prior to launch in order to catch all the "glitches" that may have occured.
veedubmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
mbunakeith
AF Regular

Re: does your toureg need repairs alot?

sounds like the 03 saab 9-3 sport sedan. it has up to 37 control modules and numerous bus systems with fiber optics. we had same software issues for a long time. i wish the europeans could make a nice car with fewer bells and whistles like they used to.
mbunakeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:03 PM   #4
badtouareg
AF Newbie

badtouareg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
veedubmechanic
VDUBMAN

Re: Re: does your toureg need repairs alot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtouareg
Thats hilarious!!! your even worse than our worst touareg customer who got his touareg v6 bought back so he could have a v8. He was a member of vortex and came in every week or 2 with a 6-10 line list of things that he said were wrong with his car (all actually were tech bulletins).. wonder how he heard of those. remember ..."if you heard it on vwvortex it must be true"
Old 10-18-2005, 09:30 AM   #6
badtouareg
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: does your toureg need repairs alot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubmechanic
Thats hilarious!!! your even worse than our worst touareg customer who got his touareg v6 bought back so he could have a v8. He was a member of vortex and came in every week or 2 with a 6-10 line list of things that he said were wrong with his car (all actually were tech bulletins).. wonder how he heard of those. remember ..."if you heard it on vwvortex it must be true"
Believe me. I've never had a vehicle that has had even a fraction of the problems this tank has had. I'd much prefer that it had the reliability of any of my previous cars.

Consider this...This Touareg has had more problems than my 1983 Fiat Spider 1800!!! (Fiat - Fix it again tomorrow)

I had one of the first 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltds of the line. It was their first model year of the new Jeep design. I had two issues. A minor drive shaft issue (drove in without an appointment and they had it replaced in two hours). Had this happen within the first two months of ownership. I also a malfucntioning fuel pump (drove in without an appointment and had it replaced within 1 hour). This happened within the first year and a half.

That is an acceptable number of issues for a first model year car. Hell. Tripple that to six issues and I'm still not going to complain much. Grow that to 12 issues, some major, some minor and and almost 100 TSBs and I get pissed. Especially in a luxury class car.

No offense, but if that doesn't make sense to you then I don't need you as my mechanic.
badtouareg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:55 PM   #7
veedubmechanic
VDUBMAN

True the touareg has had alot of problems. But its just unfortunate like you said, that they used the touareg to "test new components". In the end the touareg is still the best off road/on road suv out there, when its not in the shop.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
JackDaniels386
AF Regular

how about the cat recalls on the touaregs? those sucked. I hated them when they started comin in, then i got to where i could do em in 4 hours easy and they were payin 8. but they still sucked.
JackDaniels386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #9
JackDaniels386
AF Regular

well not exactly recalls, but still under warranty on the V6s. theyd come in with the Check engine light on for Cat efficiency, and there was supposed to be a software fix for it, but they always kept coming back with the same fault.
JackDaniels386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
MARKM11
AF Newbie

2004 vw toureg headlamps ????.
MARKM11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #11
rextheracer
AF Newbie

my v8 touareg had alot of issues....but i wasnt really complaining because it was free to fix with the warrenty....and they definently arent bad cars...my dad(the car undertaker) forgot to replace the oil for a while, then the check engine light came on, and when we took it to get checked out, we realised that there was no oil in it...thier tanks, but they havetheir minor problems...(our tire preasure moniter was too sensitive, so it went off when the tires werent warm.)

rextheracer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Touareg