Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Mark LT
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
mad1517
AF Newbie

keyless entry

I just purchased a 2006 mark Lt,dealer didnt give me codes for the door and I dont have owners manual.I have been told numbers are posted inside somwhere usally in a good hiding spot,any help would be great.
mad1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Re: keyless entry

Have you found it yet ?
Old 12-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
mad1517
AF Newbie

No, I have looked under dash,couldnt see anything.wife doesnt want me tearing up carpet or anything in her new ride,just kinda bugs me that I have that option and can't use it.I was trying to avoid dealer fees,but still under factory warranty if that means anything. Thanks for any help
Old 12-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #4
KManiac
AF Enthusiast

I can't speak for a Mark LT. However, the five digit code for both my 1989 Mark VII and my father's 1997 Town Car are located in two places, attached to the passenger side trunk hinge on the inside of the trunk and on the outside of the control unit for the keyless entry systems, which are mounted under the package shelves in both vehicles. Wherever your code sticker is attached, it would be in a spot accessible only with a key, but easy to reveal or see once you are there. You shouldn't have to remove any carpet or trim panels to find the code label. The control unit itself, with a code label attached, is most likely behind a trim panel or cover, either within the interior or under the hood.

If all else fails, just call the service department and ask them over the telephone where to find the code label. I must also add, that given that there are only five buttons (two consecutive numbers per button) there are only 120 5-button code combinations possible. If push comes to shove and you have the patience, you could stumble on your code within two hours of trying consecutive 5-button combinations.

1962 Chrysler 300 2-door hardtop/1964 Chrysler 300-K convertible/1964 Chrysler Newport 4-door sedan/1964 Chrysler 300-K hardtop with Firepower 390/2x1964 Chrysler 300-K hardtop/1964 Chrysler 300 convertible/1964 Chrysler "Silver 300-K" with factory 4-speed/1964 Chrysler New Yorker Salon/1980 Dodge D-50 Sport/1986 Lincoln Continental/1989 Honda Accord DX/1989 Lincoln Mark VII BB/1991 Dodge Shadow ES convertible
KManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
mad1517
AF Newbie

Dealer pulled numbers from module cost me 35.00,not to bad. they also fixed some other things they found under warranty so all is good.Thanks for the replies.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Mark LT