Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #1
MojoMan317717
AF Newbie

2003 Malibu 3.1 coil connectors

Just finished a long and difficult slog replacing the head gaskets.

During reassembly I [misplaced/can't find] one of the wire connectors to the coil pack mounted on top of the air intake manifold. It has three connectors that attach to it. One 2 pin on the passenger side and a 4 pin & 2 pin on the drivers side.

I've looked and looked for a ridiculous amount of time, tracing the main wire harness back and forth and I can't seem to find the 2 pin connector for the driver side. I have the other connectors attached.

I guess I'm asking for any advice or thoughts that may help me find the missing connector without tearing the top of the motor apart again. A wire harness diagram would be great, but Google has given me little help when searching for diagrams.

Maybe identifying the connector could help... What does it do? Where does the wire originate? Maybe it does not come out of the main wire harness bundle? Is there a separate sensor on the firewall side of the motor that feeds a wire to the coil? These are all things I don't know that MAY help me locate the missing connector.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. 18 HOURS OF STRUGGLE AND I'M ONE WIRE CONNECTOR AWAY FROM SUCCESS.
MojoMan317717 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu