Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Traffic Violations - U.S. only Discuss anything conerning speeding tickets and other traffic violations in the US.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
xohottiewitabodyxo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to xohottiewitabodyxo Send a message via MSN to xohottiewitabodyxo Send a message via Yahoo to xohottiewitabodyxo
why do they have tickets for music being loud

why the hell is there a noice limit me and my friend got pulled over one day and got a $75 ticket for our music being above 5.0 something i think diameters i dunno but i still dun get the point.. can u help explaining it to me?
xohottiewitabodyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 01:48 AM   #2
Dustin_S
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Dustin_S Send a message via AIM to Dustin_S Send a message via MSN to Dustin_S Send a message via Yahoo to Dustin_S
Re: why do they have tickets for music being loud

loud music annoys people...
I've got a system in my car too, but when the sun goes down, so does my volume...
Next time you're cruising around in a residential neighborhood or something like that, think about the people around you as well.

Did you get the ticket during the day? were you on a highway, or moving througha neighborhood?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
Toymakers
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohottiewitabodyxo
why the hell is there a noice limit me and my friend got pulled over one day and got a $75 ticket for our music being above 5.0 something i think diameters i dunno but i still dun get the point.. can u help explaining it to me?

Should have been $750 theres nothing worse than annoying little turds driving around with music blasting and the Thump Thump Thump of Woofers, luckily we have not had to endure that for the past 12 months but it does get you irate.

Not to mention the damage being done to your own Ear Drums, and the fact that the loud music prevents you from hearing the approaching emergency vehicles from side streets.

It should be 3 strikes and you lose your licence for life

BTW it should be spelt "Noise"
Old 11-21-2004, 03:23 PM   #4
xohottiewitabodyxo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to xohottiewitabodyxo Send a message via MSN to xohottiewitabodyxo Send a message via Yahoo to xohottiewitabodyxo
yes i was driving at night but i was also on a highway ... ummm i dun think i should get my lience taken away thats not fair i only get pulled over for music i'm a good driver thoa
xohottiewitabodyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:14 PM   #5
jerseycavyz24
AF Regular

hmm u were on the highway? wtf isnt that louder then ur music when can it possibly be disturbing. dont no wut to tell u. but hes right u gotta watch it in a residential area n during the night. as for the other asshole hes just a hater, screw him. good luck wit it, i try to fight it.
jerseycavyz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #6
hightek
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to hightek Send a message via MSN to hightek
Talking Re: why do they have tickets for music being loud

i know where i live that during the night if you can here the music 25 feet away from your car you can get a ticket, no matter where you are. and to toymaker, i hope i find where you live so i can leave my car running 24-7 with my music annoying the hell outta you
hightek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:12 PM   #7
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Quote:
got a $75 ticket for our music being above 5.0 something i think diameters
Diameters is a measure of distance.
Decibels is the measure of sound volumn.

Quote:
can u help explaining it to me?
It's called disturbing the piece. What you may find pleasant to listen may annoy others. Why should they be forced to listen to your music?

Think of it this way, imagine if everyone listened to music on the same volumn that you listened to yours on.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:10 AM   #8
va-un4given
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va-un4given

well the answer to this thread is ezy. Loud music is only cool too teh person listening too it, yet still everyday im sitting in traffic or at a light it happens...some kid pulls up beside me blasting music loud enough to rattle my cars mirrors, hell when i cant hear my straight pipes over your music theres a problem there. I'm thinking to myself dont they worry about going deaf?! Who really wants to hear what yoru listening too anyhow, think about the absolute WORSt type of music you dont like, would you like someone to pull beside you blasting it?? especially through a residential area at say 10pm on a freaking wendsday night? The anwer is simple, no. So plain and simple, they made the law through enough complaints of the general public. I happen to agree with it, theres nothing cool about music so loud it rattles your car, as long as it has good quality and can get loud enough to hear over your car at say the local wash, thats all the louder you need it.
va-un4given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:37 AM   #9
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

I have generally found that the volumn that music is set at is inveresly proprortional to what the listener has to say that is worth hearing.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:31 PM   #10
va-un4given
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va-un4given

well that basically amounts to that persons opinoin and you know what they say about opinoins?? There like buttholes everybody has one and they all stink. not everybody likes the same music so dont turn it up all the way listen to it at YOUR level, thats they way i figure it
va-un4given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:08 AM   #11
MARS
AF Regular

I like blasting my music! But yes, I do turn it down a little a night on residential streets.
MARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:40 AM   #12
Will2
AF Enthusiast

I believe it's not only' disturbing the peace'. But it's called consideration for somebody other than yourself(self centered?). Being pulled over on a highway. It must have been loud for a cop to hear that. You turn it down in a residental area. I doubt it. You like your music that's ok. Me being forced to listen to it. Not ok. Effecting your hearing. I could care less. But it might viberate the rust loose and your fenders will fall off. LOL
Will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:42 AM   #13
Will2
AF Enthusiast

Oh yes! It's parameters
Will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 01:05 PM   #14
jerseycavyz24
AF Regular

haters! lol
jerseycavyz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:53 PM   #15
93rollaracer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93rollaracer

i like to listen to my music loud too, but i usually turn it way down on city streets (the exhaust is loud enough as it is...don't need anything else to draw cops' attention). i'll turn it up on the freeway, though...if a cop is parked, he/she shouldn't be able to hear it long enough to write a ticket.

Proud member of DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnym86

Metalheads: 93rolleracer

crazy sons of bitches who get hammered, break shit, and scream. yeah, they're pretty cool. right up to the point when they lynch a black guy.
93rollaracer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only