Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 10:31 PM   #1
jasonphd
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jasonphd
Question Installing Amp and Subs in 2002 Maxima

I'm trying to install an amp and subs in my 2002 Maxima that has the factory Bose system. I have a PAC box to splice into the existing Left and Right channels and give me two RCA outs for my amp. The problem I'm having is, I'm not sure which wires to splice into. When I spliced into the wires leading directly into the factory sub it made ALL of my speakers go dead. When I un-spliced the wires, everything came back up and worked fine. If anyone knows where a good place is to splice into the left and right channels is (and would be easy to get to from the trunk), please let me know!
jasonphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 01:46 AM   #2
BlueStreak
AF Newbie

Lightbulb

ok here is how i did it on my 2000. i unbolted the cradle that houses the factory sub (look at it from the trunk) and unhooked the wires that go directly to the sub. then i hooked up the wires to the unhooked factory sub terminals, that worked for me and the rest of the speakers work fine.
BlueStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:56 PM   #3
jasonphd
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jasonphd
I had asked someone at a car audio shop to tell me how to do it. He told me that exact same thing. Thanks for your reply, and that worked on my car also.

Before this car, I had another car, and had those same speakers and amps in the other car. The speakers don't sound nearly as well as they did in the other car. Do you have any tips on how to make it sound any better?
jasonphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:44 AM   #4
BlueStreak
AF Newbie

What speakers are you taking about, the Bose? If so mine actually started sounding better when i unhooked the sub but as far as aftermarket speakers it may be a nimber of things such as the interior size of the car or the mounting locations or how the speakers are aimed to name a few.
BlueStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 06:19 PM   #5
deceptional
AF Newbie

Yeah, I got my 2002 SE w/the Bose system done professionally. I added two subs to the trunk and they had to disconnect the factory sub. I would think it would sound way better that way anyway, but I thought about maybe fitting a 6X9 in the sub hole or something. I let you know about that one. Anyway, so I was running factory highs with a Rockford amp pushing them, and I blew two of the damn things. I just got my new 6.5 from ebay today so they should sound much better. I'm also having to replace the deck because for some reason the Bose deck keeps on skipping, even on low volume??? I can't figure it out but what the hell, it's just money right? LOL!
deceptional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 07:10 AM   #6
FreeLz
AF Newbie

for those of you who have never been there, check out InstallDr. Probubly won't help the 5th gens but atleast check it out cause they got pics and shit for installing stereo equip.
Blau headunit with 2 blau 12'' subs
LED Replacement...thats it so far!
FreeLz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35