Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > C-Class
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
ippap
AF Newbie

Can you advise on this gear issue?

2005 Mercedes C200

In the morning I tried to crank the engine and could not. I suspected the battery, so I stopped someone and made her help me in charging the battery using my jumper cable.

But when I drove, the gear wasn't shifting from 1. Plus I wasn't able to put it on R or P unless my foot wasn't pressing the break pedal (I should be the other way round)! And upon bringing it back to D the card jerked. (I guess this is called hard shifting)

I waited for some time to make sure the battery got enough charge, turned off the car and turned it on again after a minute. It worked normally. I turned it off and on again. It's normal.

I drove to my destination (that was around 25 km away from home), parked the car for a few hours. I could turn it on but the gear didn't shift again! Now when I turned it off, it wasn't starting again till I waited 10 or 15 minutes! I did that twice.

I drove all the way to home at 20-30 km/h and 2-3K RPM. At home, I turned it off and back on. It started right away and the gear was normal. Again off and on, and it's normal.

I also tried with and without AC, and tied to manually shift the gear by pushing the gear lever to the right +. Nothing seemed relevant.

Where do you think the issue lies?
ippap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:09 PM   #2
ippap
AF Newbie

Re: Can you advise on this gear issue?

I took the car to an auto-transmission guy. He gave me the attached report and referred me to another workshop. In that workshop they told me that the "transmission chip" is faulty. That wasn't communicated in English and I'm translating it literally. But I think they mean transmission control module/Unit. I am attaching a photo of an example "chip" which they showed me lying somewhere in their workshop.

I said how come it's not in the report. They said they were certain it's that "chip" which is giving me grief.

Can someone give me an idea about the report and what was told to me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Report.JPG (157.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Chip.JPG (94.1 KB, 1 views)
ippap is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > C-Class