Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
droos
AF Newbie

Cargo Area Leak

After a heavy rain the carpet near the rear doors is wet. It seems to be coming from the passenger side rear corner. That's where it is the wettest. I have looked at the seals around the doors and it doesn't look like they are leaking. I've also checked that in the car wash. Could it be coming from the side window?

Has anyone else had this problem? What caused it and how did you fix it?
droos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
leem
AF Newbie

We had a problem on the drivers side of the cargo area. The bolt at the rear of the cargo rack had snapped, and the the roof rusted out because of a lack of seal. Chevy did a great job of repair and repaint.

While we were looking, the top seals of the door needed to be replaced - the lip had corroded and water was leaking past it.
leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 03:04 PM   #3
jcooley
AF Newbie

Re: Cargo Area Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by droos
After a heavy rain the carpet near the rear doors is wet. It seems to be coming from the passenger side rear corner. That's where it is the wettest. I have looked at the seals around the doors and it doesn't look like they are leaking. I've also checked that in the car wash. Could it be coming from the side window?

I have noticed lately that the center of my cargo area has been wet in recent weeks. The total spot size is no bigger than a sheet of paper. I was wondering if the a/c could possibly be causing this. Especially since it isn't wet all around it. Any suggestions or things to look for would be great. Thanks. Jason jason_cooley@netzero.net
Old 08-26-2003, 11:53 PM   #4
yasehiso
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Cargo Area Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooley
I have noticed lately that the center of my cargo area has been wet in recent weeks. The total spot size is no bigger than a sheet of paper. I was wondering if the a/c could possibly be causing this. Especially since it isn't wet all around it. Any suggestions or things to look for would be great. Thanks. Jason jason_cooley@netzero.net

I had the same problem, I took it to the dealer and thay said it was the seals on the side windows along with the seals to the tail gate.
So I replaced the seals to the tailgate and the hatch. That fixed the problem.
What happens is that the seals on the tailgate get smashed wrong and after some time thay go bad and dont seal as good.
If you got some the $$$ I recommend replacing the carpet in the cargo, after a while it starts getting moldy and smelly.
yasehiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 08:01 PM   #5
Tacco
AF Newbie

Re: Cargo Area Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by droos

I had the same problem.Mine was under the piece of molding between the window and the luggage rack.There was a small crack in the factory epoxy.I placed some new epoxy on it and it hasnt leaked since!!!!
Tacco is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K