Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
gsnats
AF Newbie

97 Jimmy engine swap

Hi Guys
Quick question... will a 4.3 out of a 2000 Astro van fit in my 1997 Jimmy with out too many issues?

Thanks

Gary
Liberty MO
gsnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
djd99
AF Regular

Re: 97 Jimmy engine swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnats View Post
Hi Guys
Quick question... will a 4.3 out of a 2000 Astro van fit in my 1997 Jimmy with out too many issues?

Thanks

Gary
I did a swap similar on a chevy venture, the blocks are the same but you would have to change all the sensors and swap your 97 intake manifold. I found a new take out with 1000 miles on it and as long as the blocks matched your good to go, just change out sensors and intake and everything else should bolt up.
djd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
b1lk1
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djd99 View Post
I did a swap similar on a chevy venture, the blocks are the same but you would have to change all the sensors and swap your 97 intake manifold. I found a new take out with 1000 miles on it and as long as the blocks matched your good to go, just change out sensors and intake and everything else should bolt up.
From a Chevy Venture? You may want to rethink that since the Venture is a FWD car based platform and there are no possible engine interchanges between the Venture and any S10/S15 platform.

b1lk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
djd99
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
From a Chevy Venture? You may want to rethink that since the Venture is a FWD car based platform and there are no possible engine interchanges between the Venture and any S10/S15 platform.
My point was I had a chevy venture that needed a engine, I found a new take out, out of another car, not a chevy venture with 1000 miles. The blocks were both 3.8's, so all you do is change out the sensors and intake and you should be fine. I should of made that more clearer.
djd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
b1lk1
AF Regular

Ok, for a minute there I thought you lost it, lol.

b1lk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
blazes9395
Newbie mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnats View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks

Gary
It will fit without any problems, the only thing you'll have to like djd99 mentioned is change a few sensors and stuff over.

Another thing....just change the intake gaskets on your replacment engine, doesn't matter the milage, just change them. Its so easy to do it out of the truck. Also, take a close look at the oil pan gasket, another thing that leaks and is quite a bit easier to change it out of the truck.
blazes9395 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
engine swap
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis