Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Wrangler
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 06:34 PM   #1
Zero2000
AF Newbie

08 Wrangler TPMS and security light?

So, I have been all over the Internet trying to figure this out. I haven't had much luck with it. I just bought it about 3 weeks ago, and it started either the first or second day. The TPMS light along with the security light come on, for no reason. I can't reproduce the problem if I wanted to. It's always both of them, never one or the other. It's like it has a mind of its own, there's no rythm to it. They don't steadily blink, just on, maybe 2 or 5 seconds, then they go off. Could be 3 seconds or 10 minutes before they decide to come back. I do not have a model that has a security system. Just the little key with a chip, no fob or anything. The tire pressure seems just fine for the tires. Manual locks and windows. Any help is greatly appreciated. It's driving me crazy.
Zero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #2
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: 08 Wrangler TPMS and security light?

It might just be one of your TPMS sensors is going bad… Or it could be something more serious. I would take a picture, and go to the dealer and ask a few questions.

Do you have a return policy from where you bought it, or do they guarantee the vehicle for a certain amount of time after purchase?
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 12:36 PM   #3
Zero2000
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjacksonsan View Post
It might just be one of your TPMS sensors is going bad… Or it could be something more serious. I would take a picture, and go to the dealer and ask a few questions.

Do you have a return policy from where you bought it, or do they guarantee the vehicle for a certain amount of time after purchase?
I have been in contact with the dealership. They got me a new soft top and fixed the plastic bushing for the four wheel drive shifter. They didn't hook up my parking brake and didn't fix my driver's seat, or the lights. I'm to take it back soon, but I'm looking to see what it could be, as I don't think they will be able to figure it out. I don't have a return policy, I'm stuck with it at this point. I think it will come down to me fixing the lights. I'll mention the TPMS going bad. To see if they will check them as I don't have much experience on that. It puzzles me as to why the security light would accompany the TPMS light though. At random intervals. Sometimes it will freak out and come on every few seconds, or like my drive home last night, freak out a bit at the beginning, then just never show back up to the time I got home.
Old 08-27-2022, 02:21 PM   #4
fredjacksonsan

Over the years, I have seen so many weird things happen because of security systems… Something in the wiring.
Old 08-27-2022, 03:29 PM   #5
Zero2000
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjacksonsan View Post
Over the years, I have seen so many weird things happen because of security systems… Something in the wiring.
That is what I'm starting to think myself. I disconnected the battery and tried clearing some corrosion, went to hook it back up and the horn decided it was a good time to start screaming. I'll have them double check everything when I take it in. When I get it back I'll check myself as well. Thank you for responding. I'll post whatever I figure out over the next few days.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:15 PM   #6
Zero2000
AF Newbie

After an extremely long wait, I got my jeep back. They could not find any issues with the wiring. The lights still come on. They aren't as bad as they were before. I'd love to look into it myself, but I now have a wheel bearing and a coolant leak that needs addressed ASAP. Didn't even have it one day before these issues showed up. I'll post again when I can look into myself.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:51 PM   #7
fredjacksonsan

I would not go back to that shop… There was a corrupt shop where I used to live where you would go home with more problems than you came in with…

Good luck…

One other thought; is it a factory alarm or aftermarket? If aftermarket, then you might be able to go to a shop that installs that brand to make sure it is wired correctly
Old 01-08-2023, 05:51 PM   #8
Zero2000
AF Newbie

After a long wait, some R&R, and a few problems with the radiator. I got it back with light issue still in hand. Only thing that I've discovered over a period of time is the lights seem to come on after having the jeep on for a longer amount of time. I still haven't had a chance to look into it myself. It doesn't seem to affect anything but my annoyance with it. To anyone who has this problem and stumbles to these posts, I'm going to look into it myself more once the winter months are over for my area. And I do not have any aftermarket security as to my knowledge. The only thing I know is aftermarket is my soft top. Which needs replaced anyways.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Wrangler