Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
CYBLUE
AF Newbie

Daweoo Battery issue

Hello fellow drivers

I would like some help please on battery issue that I have with my Daweoo Kalos. The car is 10 years old and I bought it last year. It was in good condition, although I had to change the alternator last year, no other big issue was shown. However, for the last 2 months I have issues with the battery. The story started when the electrical charge of the car did not seem to be enough. For example, one or two times while driving the radio went off, the windows were going up/down very slowly and the turn signals the same. One time after a while of driving i put the turn signal on and all of a sudden the stuff in the dashboard, mileage, gas etc were gong crazy plus the radio went off. When I closed the turn sigal, lights etc it was ok.

Later on, the indicator started blinking (not steady light) while after a while of driving the light was going away. and everything fine. Just to mention that when the battery indicator went off the machine noise was coming as rippled not smooth, which again after a while the noise was coming to a more smooth sound.

In the end the battery died. Mechanic said it was done with. So I changed it with a new one.

After a week or so of the change though the new one does exactly the same.
One time again it died and my mechanic filled it up and run diagnostics and says that the test gave no information on a malfunction or something. The battery indicator is still going on at it, blinking.

I was thinking of buying some battery charger so I can hook it on and leave over night every couple of days. Would it help or damage the battery?

Do you maybe have any idea of what to check that may cause the issue? Although everything is off, do you think that maybe I should check for a parasitic draw?

Thank you very much

Last edited by CYBLUE; 12-22-2014 at 06:50 AM.
CYBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > General Discussion