Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #16
Onfir3
AF Newbie

Re: So I wanna build me a car...

I've gotta say, thats pretty damn cool. Somewhat rudementary at first, but I think that will turn out to be a damn good looking car. Question, How exactly do you get into the engine right now? It looks as though you sealed it off with the glassing. I'm assuming the body is fiberglass is it not? Either way, I respect anyone who can do a body like that from scratch, cause bodywork sucks ass. To the guy who wants to start on his oldschool jeep/model-t car, I'd suggest looking into people who build dune buggys first. Basically, what you're looking at doing is putting a custom shell on a frame I spose. People who build dune buggys do the drive train and the frame and nothing else, thats what ya wanna be concerned with first. I've only done one buggy project, and revamped two cars similar to do doing a kit car. But It will take some time and money no doubt, It'd be cool to start young, but if ya don't have a great income yet, I wouldn't try to get past the design phase quite yet.
Onfir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:49 AM   #17
arif_moin
AF Newbie

Re: So I wanna build me a car...

Coming back to the first poster, unless you're really sure why don't you work with upgrading a pre-built first? This way you'll gain more experience...
arif_moin is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars