Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
toddluck
AF Newbie

Angry 77 kingcab fusable link prob??

hey guys i have a 1977 datsun kingcab that keeps blowing the fusable link all the fuses are ok and they dont blow...they are 15 amp and the link is a 30 amp and it blows any ideas???......could it be my alternator or voltage regulater??....please email me at toddluck@yahoo.com...thanks.........this is my daily driver so any help would be appriciated.....todd
toddluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Z432
AF Newbie

Re: 77 kingcab fusable link prob??

Will the truck run without the links, i.e. off the battery only?

That could point to the problem being on the alternator sub-harnness, or the alternator itself. I once had something like this problem with a 240Z. The alternator test OK out of the car, but the charge fuse would blow every time I drove the car. the way I tested it was to unplug the small white plug at the back of the alternator and then start and drive it. The idea was that if the fuse blew then it was not the alternator, but if the fuse DID NOT blow then it was the alternator. The fuse did not blow after I disconnected the plug, so I replaced the alternator and never had any problems again.

Also, I have some truck stuff for sale on and off ebay, so check it out and let me know if you don't see what you need:
PARTS FOR SALE
Z432 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > General Discussion