Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 06:29 PM   #31
jak112460
AF Newbie

The reason it will not be much lighter than the current C5 is it isn't much different in dimensions. They are already using balsa wood and titainium in the ZO6. I just don't see any way to make the car two or three hundred pounds lighter without safety or comfort suffering.
jak112460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:15 AM   #32
chasnjason
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to chasnjason
your vette should have advantage due to the stroked 415 inches,the the viper is not stroked,top-end could be your enemy though,viper will hit hard on top-end,as the corvette will too,will come down to driver then possibly...viper's are long winded compared to your vette.......i truly dont think you will lose,i had a 2000 ram air 6speed T/A that had head mods,gear and exhaust work with little air flow work in the breather box and run 11.80's all night long,no juice)my cousin's 2001 Z06 couldnt out run it,your vette should be faster then that even,i drove 2000 GTS and i wasn't impressed with it compared to the cost of these LS1's and LS6's,but i live in tulsa where there is not a lot of these vipers on the streets here, let us all know how it turns out and GOOD LUCK!..............jason
chasnjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:09 PM   #33
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Can we get off the viper vs vette thing. The guy who posted this already raced and the other guy with the insane Corvette doesn't bother to reply here about it.

Quote:
They are already using balsa wood and titainium in the ZO6
omg they are putting wood in the car like a Cadillac? Thats lame the Corvette is a sports car not some super classy rich snob car like a Mercedes.
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 07:54 PM   #34
280zxturbo
AF Newbie

viper might win

onthe speed channel they raced the new viper against a corvette zo6 i belive and the corvette beat it in acceleration but then the viper passed it up and won. but hey your vette sounds nice good luck tell us the results
280zxturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:33 PM   #35
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Re: viper might win

Quote:
Originally posted by 280zxturbo
onthe speed channel they raced the new viper against a corvette zo6 i belive and the corvette beat it in acceleration but then the viper passed it up and won. but hey your vette sounds nice good luck tell us the results
OH REALLY?!?! Then why does the current SRT-10 Viper run an 11.77 quarter mile when a Z06 can't get underneath a 12 stock?? Either it was the driver of the Viper that sucked, or your full of it. And it very well might be the Viper because Motor Trend had to bring in a proffessional, he also raced Vipers, and their dumb ass editors couldn't run under a 12 second because the Vipers are hard to hook up. And with the older GTS's being able to run an 11.8 stock, I'm sure the new Vipers could run well under that, it's just a matter of time until it makes it into the hands of someone very talented at drag racing. focking noob

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 11:27 PM   #36
jak112460
AF Newbie

You're a real adult aren't you? What a command of the English language.You'll never get a stock Viper to run 11.77. It's easy to brag about how the pros get those numbers but you get in the car and will never hit the numbers.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:55 AM   #37
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Someone on viperclub.org got his gts to do a 11.9 and all he did was remove the spare tire. I don't see how it would be impossible to manage an 11.7 with the 50 more hp the new Viper offers.

Anyways the guy with the Vette and Supra isn't going to post the results of racing a Viper here because he doesn't post here anymore. This topic is old what makes you think he'll all of a sudden come back and reply to it? He probably doesn't even own those cars, he just took some photos at a car show.
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 11:36 AM   #38
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by jak112460
You're a real adult aren't you? What a command of the English language.You'll never get a stock Viper to run 11.77. It's easy to brag about how the pros get those numbers but you get in the car and will never hit the numbers.
An angry Corvette fan...let me tell you...if you know what the hell you are doing you can, that means you have a great launch and are able to shift flawlessly, and other things taken into factor. Of course no one is going to be able to just get in the car and run that fast, there is different driving skill out there stupid, but it shows what the Viper is capable of running.

Old 07-18-2003, 04:17 PM   #39
jak112460
AF Newbie

I owned a 2000 GTS so I know what I am talking about. Now I own a supercharged 2003 ZO6 with a 427 LS6 engine. The Vette is so much more fun to drive. This is fact not opinion. Ask anyone who has owned both. The Viper is a handful.
To answer your remark about a great launch and flawless shifting. That's a crock. LOL Most guys don't launch perfectly or shift flawlessly even after owning their cars for a long time. I think you better stick to tricycles and quit talking about things you have no idea about. Great launch!!! That was a good one. LOL
Old 07-19-2003, 12:38 AM   #40
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I owned a 2000 GTS so I know what I am talking about. Now I own a supercharged 2003 ZO6 with a 427 LS6 engine. The Vette is so much more fun to drive. This is fact not opinion. Ask anyone who has owned both. The Viper is a handful.
To answer your remark about a great launch and flawless shifting. That's a crock. LOL Most guys don't launch perfectly or shift flawlessly even after owning their cars for a long time. I think you better stick to tricycles and quit talking about things you have no idea about. Great launch!!! That was a good one. LOL
Oh yea, so lets see, do I want to redline it and drop the clutch to where I would sit still and spin my tires, or let the clutch out slowly with a little gas, or should I get my rpms matched up to where I can drop the clutch where there is minimal squeel for a faster run, are you fucking kidding me that the launch doesn't matter?? Damn u are thickheaded. I'm beginning to wonder if u even know how to drive.

Old 07-19-2003, 01:12 AM   #41
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
Quote:
Most guys don't launch perfectly or shift flawlessly even after owning their cars for a long time.

I do....
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 02:33 AM   #42
jak112460
AF Newbie

I do too.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #43
Davidmax
AF Newbie

Dougs a friend and competitor of mine,and his packages are super nice.I would call this a drivers race.Alot will have to do with rear rubber have your slicks or DR's ready.My Z06 lays down 800+ ponnies on my street driving tune (427 C5R TT Hybrids)so traction is an issue with all hi-HP vettes the Viper more Monster truck pull/drag car than the Vette.
The best of luck to you,Dave S.
Davidmax is offline   Reply With Quote