Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #61
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Yes their are so many arguments you can make for any class of vehicles. Like what has been said before, theirs more to a car than mere performance. Quality, craftsmenship, rarity, style, comfortability, performance, price, and so on and on and on help justify cars. Just because you can modify a cheaper car to beat an expensive car, doesn't give it the right to be the 'better car'. Thats merely one category of many that cars are compared on.
And also different threads compare different categories of vehicles. If a performance comparisons betweens cars are being argued, why bring up its prestine interior quality? You don't get any performance braggin rights by saying that your seats are nicer. And the same thing works for different comparisons. If a thread was dicussing the quality of ones interior, don't go off saying your car has more hp. Once again it has no room in that argument.

Everyone will have opinions, but it doesn't mean its relating to the topic at hand, thats when everything gets thrown off.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:09 PM   #62
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs up

VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:06 PM   #63
vette boy02
AF Newbie

Re: Re: hehehe look what I found

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInMyVeins
Here Here... well.. sorta. It's almost nice for them to come in here and show us what we have to beat next... :-P sorry.. that was a pigheaded comment.
CAN I GET AN AMEN WITH THAT
vette boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 04:43 PM   #64
airforceone
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to airforceone
Out of curiousity, I can't help but put a few cents in. Ricers? I have no problem with them. invest 10k in your 4-popper. That's fine by me. Corvettes? They awesome rides. Especially the Z06. If I had the money (and driving skill) I buy one. Us military folks can't reach that status for a while though. A supra beat a Corvette? Sure. Can we assume there are Corvettes out there that beat Supras? Of course. Z06 as a supercar? It is to me. A supercar to me is anything that can do over 150 mph out of the box. May not be a lot to you, but hey, I drive a Blazer with a 4.3 . This thing will never anywhere near that. Bottom line? Somebody came in here looking to start a conflict. That's like me going to anti-rice.com and saying civics rule! You have to expect somebody to say something about it. You walk into a Corvette den and what do expect? A bunch of Vette owners to go 'Wow, Supras are great! I'll get rid of it and get a Supra! ' No way. My thoughts are that stuff like this don't even need to be brought up. And on another note, about the Le Mans stuff, the CSL is in production in Europe. The thing has carbon fiber all over it, and a price tag to reflect it.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:26 AM   #65
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Re: hehehe look what I found

true.. someone was lookin for a fight
Old 11-18-2003, 06:56 PM   #66
vette boy02
AF Newbie

well i think this need to be ended its gettin to be to much supras go there way and vettes theres. we have argued this for like 5 pages. im suprised someone hasnt introduced F1 cars in this. we all have our preferance so just quit arguing its not goin anywhere
vette boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #67
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

I'm down with that.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:34 PM   #68
Vlad_Tepes
AF Enthusiast

Lambo as a daily driver without problems...bahahahahhaa yeah right and I'm the freaking easter bunny.
Exotics are made to haul ass. if you only drive at 55 to 80 mph its going going to have to be tuned all the time. those cars are made to cruise at 140 plus. Ever hear of a jag v12 thats a great dependable daily driver?
I like the exotics as mych as the next guy, hell I'm glad they make them. If I could afford one I'd get one. Your just mad cuz they make a 60 grand vette with 50 grand worth of mods just as fast as an exotic but still half the price.

Lambo is dependable like a harley.
Your smoking crack.

Sorry guys just didnt get through the whole thread before I had to post.
Vlad_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:05 AM   #69
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

holy shit we found ourselves a newbie. Do we need to talk about the whole difference between exotics and other kinda cars? I am soo fricken sick of these conversations. and c'mon a 60k vette with 50k worth of mods? Who the hell do you know that does that? Very few people.. fewer than that have exotics. And a vette like that is nothing but a dyno queen. A car that someone has to brag about how much horsepower it has. It doesn't have any track pheasability... whether or not it's a drag car, or a track car... there's nothing to contain a car with 1000hp. So shut up and learn. Thank you.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:29 AM   #70
Vlad_Tepes
AF Enthusiast

not wanting to start this thing all over again.
At the end I said I posted before I finished the thread and said sorry for it fellas.

Venom well bro I'm always willing to learn so teach me..
Old 12-05-2003, 04:29 AM   #71
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

All it comes down to Vlad is that there are different kinds of cars for different reasons. Exotics are made as very well balanced cars. They have shock value looks, very well balanced centers of gravity, and speed. But most of all it's a head turning effect... You don't turn your head anymore whenever you see a c5 driving down the street I'm sure. I know I don't.. Hell I drive one though, but still they're a fairly large number production car. Quite a few produced. But you see a jaguar xj220 come down the street... your head snaps around like you just saw the woman of your dreams. For most of the people that own exotics it's also a status thing. You can be an upper middle class citizen in the u.s. and be able to afford a vette, whereas you have to be a sports star or ceo to be able to afford something with such "class" as a F50. I'm sorry I got on you, but I hate to hear people comparing different classes of cars. Like those guys that build up their imports specifically to be able to say they can beat a viper in the 1/4 mile. Well their car was built for the 1/4.. the viper was built around handling, acceleration and top speed. The viper barely get's 1/2 way to it's top speed by the time it reaches the end of a 1/4mi.. or the people that compare exotics to heavily modded dyno cars. There are advantages to each different kind of car, but it's really hard to compare 2 cars with different purposes and different audiences in mind
Old 12-06-2003, 07:22 AM   #72
Vlad_Tepes
AF Enthusiast

VIMV,

Bro I hear ya. I know what your saying about the exotics and you know your right. I was geting bent out of shape when "whats his nuts" was saying that the Lambo was dependable.and blah blah can go as fast as blah blah.I admit it I got trolled.. no biggie like I said. But I think it was the talk of speed not the actual car.
As for my head snapping well bro I'm here in Oz and any Chev makes my head snap. The wife knows now that I'd never never have an affair unless its with a car...LOL
But as they say down here "No worries mate"
and post some pics of your wheels man I love vettes.
As they say, "There are two types of people in this world, Vette owners and those that wish they were"
Good thing I used to own a 75..LOL
Old 12-07-2003, 01:45 AM   #73
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

I dunno man vettes are fricken awesome, but I've always wanted a viper too... I'll send a pic in a few...
Old 12-07-2003, 02:05 AM   #74
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Ask and ye shall receive. it's an 02 C5 with vararam ram air a different coupling between the raim air air box and the intake manifold (can't member?) but it allows more airflow, and it has a borla exhaust kit. We got the whole aluminum wheels upgrade package, and all that... I don't know if the HUD is stock on all, but we got the HUD too.

Old 12-07-2003, 02:06 AM   #75
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

the last pix got an akward position and akward lighting but I think it's a cool pic of the hood. That's one thing I love about the vette

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette