Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 09:44 AM   #1
webtekie
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to webtekie
Question trade in financed car

Hi,

I have a 2001 Honda Civic, I finance this car for 9 months now. The car is ok, but I want to get something bigger. Is there a way I can trade in my car (do not own) for something else, that costs about the same as my loan amount is?

thanks,
webtekie
Old 06-13-2002, 01:39 PM   #2
LadyBuickGS
AF Newbie

Webtekie,

If you've only been in the civic for 9 mths, you may find yourself upside down (you owe more than it's worth) if you decide to trade it in. I think Honda's do have a higher resale value, than American cars, so you may
not be extrememly upside down.

Just be careful because they might roll the negative equity into the vehicle you want.

Go to sites like www.carpoint.com or www.edmunds.com and they will give you the trade-in value of your civic.

If you want to put in the effort, selling it yourself will help you save money and you won't have to bicker it out with the dealer.

I recently traded in a smaller vehicle for a better sized one, plus lower payments. I was upside down in my old vehicle, but due to lifestyle changes I needed a lower payment. So the car I bought was used and low priced, and with some money down I was able to get lower payments.

Good luck!
Old 06-22-2002, 05:02 PM   #3
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
yeah if your gonna trade it in .. be careful they will kill ya ...
but you would have to sell it on your own or trade it in to pay off the loan you have now.. and then get a new loan on the new car..
Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
vv42
AF Newbie

Re: trade in financed car

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE4TH
yeah if your gonna trade it in .. be careful they will kill ya ...
but you would have to sell it on your own or trade it in to pay off the loan you have now.. and then get a new loan on the new car..
Another option is to consign your car. Many dealers will help facilitate this. Or, you could try an independent site like link removed by Moderator
Good Luck

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 01-23-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: trade in financed car

vv42 - It is obvious you are new to this site. PLEASE read the Community Guidelines in respect to posting in the forums. One rule is do not resurrect old threads beyond 90 days since the last post. This thread has been inactive for 5 1/2 years!

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A