Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 10:42 AM   #1
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
Question "Spirited" driving . . . ???

It's like this . . .

I'm driving home last night about midnight . . . flying! I'm going maybe 85-90 'cause I like the feeling . . . that's all, minding my business.

I pass a red 300ZX in the middle lane and remember admiring the paint as I passed . . . and the exhaust note . . .

Then I pass a white Dodge Spirit ES . . . and remember thinking: "Why the fuck is this asshole weaving all over the parkway in this bucket of bolts with a few extra panels on it to make it look fast?" . . . anyhow . . .

By now I've got open parkway so I slow to a nice cruise . . . about 70 . . .

Along comes Mr Spirit ES

I figure he must have got excited as I flew past him cause in about 5 minutes he was in my ass (??) . . . I love this schitt!!

He doesn't know how much of a grin that put on my face as I slowly shifted from 5th to 4th . . . I do it slowly so that they won't see a puff of smoke behind me that usually occurs under sudden acceleration . . . that way whoever is on my ass has no idea that they are about to be left in the dust . . .

So I lean into the "G" just a bit . . . and watch his headlights get slim . . . but I don't bury him, only cause I want to see if he really wants it . . . plus I don't know what kind of engine is in the fucking thing . . . I'm thinking like: "Hmmm . . . V6?? 4cyl Turbo???"

I pull away easily, and watch as he creeps back up on me, and switches from behind me in the center lane to behind me in the left and creeping up to about my rear passenger door . . . that's all I allowed him . . .

Since I'm still in 4th, I step into the gas again and nail his coffin shut all the way up to red line and into 5th . . . as I dance through a few cars, and proceed to bury him . . . with a fucking smile!!

After again slowing to cruise speed . . . 5 minutes pass and the Spirit of the dead flies past . . . I exit . . .
:smoker2:

Last edited by i_rebel; 06-01-2001 at 11:25 AM.
i_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 10:49 AM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Gives a big round of applause. Offers some Chivas!
Old 06-01-2001, 12:50 PM   #3
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
There are still Spirits that are drivable? I dont believe it. I'll have to give props to the ES because this moron has been able to keep a piece of shit running long long past its life expectancy of three weeks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 08-09-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
hakka
AF Enthusiast

haha..three weeks. Good kill, if you would consider it that
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 11:12 AM   #5
tanjwarrior
AF Regular

Here's a kill with a happy ending!

Late Friday afternoon I'm driving south on a blacktop. I've got the 928's cruise set at 62-63 MPH. I come up on a couple of kids in a Black Pontiac Firehawk? I go around them without a second thought.
A few minutes later here they come up onto my rear bumper. When the road's clear they pull up next to me and give out the usual universal signs of greeting and seem to want to see what my 22 year old beast can do. I'm on my way to participate in a parade and a car show afterwards so I don't care. Well, they gun it and take the lead. But then they slow down to about 40-45 MPH and there I am stuck behind them.
After a couple of tries to pass them and reset the cruise I said, "The heck with them!"
I downshift to 3rd and let the Beast unwind it's Porsche V8. Well, they had better acceleration (to my 2.75 rear axle) but their car is made to accelerate fast. Mine is to just plain go fast!
At 115 I was 6-7 car lengths behind but had matched speed. At 125 I was slowly gaining. At 140 I was next to them. I gave a casual salute and set the cruise at 140. They followed for a mile or two but they were losing ground. My temp gauge never budged (but Porsche's are built for high speed driving, not crawling at 80-90 MPH on the Autobauhn).
After awhile I crested one of those lovely Iowa hills. At the top coming the other way was a state trooper. We saw each other for maybe 3-4 seconds. I knew I was toast and turned off the cruise. After a mile or so I pulled over and waited for the trooper to get turned around and catch up to me.
The darn trooper never even tried to stop the Firehawk. But those guys had one dirty car since they took off down a gravel road at speed (gravel dust on black paint...YECK!). I got a $340 ticket.

BUT WAIT.........

I DID SAY THERE WAS A HAPPY ENDING TO THIS KILL STORY!.....

I went to court because the trooper never got a radar reading of my speed! He wrote the ticket for 92 MPH in a 55 zone. I told the judge what actually happened and he dismissed the case with a LLLOONNGG lecture to me about driving at that insane speed. Then the trooper got a long lecture from the judge in private about writing tickets!
tanjwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 08:52 PM   #6
MercCougarXR7
AF Regular

Ha! Serves those punks right ! So basically you turned down a challange, they didn't like it, so they impeded your progress? A-holes... Glad you got out of that ticket though, but you have to admit - that kind of speed is crazy...

2000 LS8 Sport, 1992 XR7 5.0 HO
MercCougarXR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 11:31 AM   #7
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
140 is a good speed. Although I might have kept going and gone down a side road and hidden for awhile, since he probably didnt have the plate numbers. Oh well.
Good story.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing