Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 11:14 AM   #1
00jimmyd00
AF Newbie

question about stock power antenna

I'am having a problem with my stock power antenna on my 94 accord.....When I turn on the radio the antenna doesn't go all the way up and then when I turn the radio off the antenna goes down but the motor is making a loud clicking type of noise when the antenna reaches it's lowest point.....Can I repair or lube the stock antenna or is it time for a new one????
00jimmyd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 08:35 PM   #2
killah_xft
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to killah_xft Send a message via AIM to killah_xft
all I can say is, I hate power antennae's I have a 99' accord, and that sucker has an in-glass antenna. about $400 more to replace than your rear window, but it's sounds just as good, if not better. but I would just take the antennae raise it, and then pull it out the rest of the way, then take a rag, and clean as much shit off the antennae as you can, try some denatured alcohol, or paint thinner on the rag so that you don't get it on your paint. then after you clean all the junk off it, then take a clean rag, and get all the alcohol off the antenna. then take some oil and run that on the antennae and see if that helps, make the antennae go up and down a few times. and you may have burnt out the end of the motor drive a little, so you may have to replace it later anyways.
Black 1999 Honda Accord LX, Bombz Cold Air Intake, DC Sports Ceramic Exhaust header, "Rally racing" Foglights, 400 watt coustic 401SE AMP, 450 watt Bazooka TVB 141 Tri-vent triangle sub. 220 watt Pioneer 6.5" 3-way (in doors).

To come: Dynamat, Borla exhaust system, and 17" Koenig Absolute (black w/ chome lip), Coilovers, & camber kit (1-1.5 drop), Extensive Engine mods.

check me out on: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/515191
killah_xft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 09:13 PM   #3
00jimmyd00
AF Newbie

Thanks for the reply....I tried to pull the antenna all the way out today no luck thing is frozen solid about 3/4 of the way out.....Looks like i might need to get a new one....
00jimmyd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:52 AM   #4
glassman2k2
AF Newbie

you could try to replace just the mast, 25$ from the dealer, it takes two people, one to turn the radio on and off, the other to do the dirty work. there is a nut that screws on the top of the antenna, it doesn't look like a nut, it has two notches, unscrew it, turn the radio on, and as it is going up, keep pulling on it till it's out. if it looks strpped and not broken, head to the dealer, (if its broken, you may have chunks still inside the motor which will make the new one not settle right) and pick yourself up a new mast, and do the reverse. put it in, turn off radio, and guide it down, you may have to do this more than once
glassman2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio