Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
DC1263
AF Newbie

Dog Pee on My Wheels ??? WT?

Anyone have a problem with neighborhood dogs pissing on your wheels ???
I've got a big problem that seems to have started not too long ago.
Can't catch them in the act though only after the fact, must come by late at night and then again early morning.

I keep a bucket full of soapy water handy and try to get it when I can, looks like hell.

Thought about killin'em, , kinda hate to go that far !

Y'all got any ideas on how to keep them pesky buzzards from pissing on my tires???

"The First Step For Successful Troubleshooting Is Eliminating The User As The Source Of The Problem"

2006_Grand Prix_Liquid Silver Metallic_
Black Leather_3.8_198,500

Last edited by DC1263; 11-23-2010 at 07:55 AM.
DC1263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Dog Pee on My Wheels ??? WT?

Here's a thought. I've seen dog repellents that you can buy to hang from shrubs and trees in your landscape to keep them away from doing any damage. They have a repellent attached to a twist-tie sort of hanger (to wrap around the branches.) I wonder if there would be a way to attach some to an area under the vehicle close to each tire to keep them away? I believe their odor is not really noticeable to humans but it affects the dogs themselves. If they could fit under the vehicle out of sight they might do the trick. I would think the spray on stuff would leave residue or damage the finish on the rims or stain the tires.
I don't know what the attraction tires are to dogs to piss on them when they come in contact. I see it happen all the time.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97ventureowner View Post
Here's a thought. I've seen dog repellents that you can buy ....... I would think the spray on stuff would leave residue or damage the finish on the rims or stain the tires.
The spray-on repellant works very well and does no harm. I have used it on wheels for precisely this reason in the past, with very good results. Rain washes it off though, so you do need to respray after it gets wet.

But you do not have to spray the wheels forever. After a week or so, whatever goddamn dog is doing this gets broken of this habit and pisses elsewhere. (Sorry, I dislike dogs being kept as urban pets on principle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97ventureowner View Post
I don't know what the attraction tires are to dogs to piss on them when they come in contact. I see it happen all the time.
I think it's because the dogs are well aware the cars move around and want to mark mobile territory.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

I don't use any of the repellents so i was uncomfortable recommending the use of a spray on without knowing if it would cause any damage. It seems there are warning labels on everything nowadays. that is good to know that you can use a spray on repellent. I have 2 Rottweiler mix dogs and they don't spray my tires, but they will sniff other vehicle's tires that visit my property.
As with most repellents it says on the package you have to reapply on a regular basis, especially after it rains. It's good to know that you don't have to continue to use the repellent over a long period of time as the dog "gets it".

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
DC1263
AF Newbie

Thanks Guys,,, Will give a repellent a shot

"The First Step For Successful Troubleshooting Is Eliminating The User As The Source Of The Problem"

2006_Grand Prix_Liquid Silver Metallic_
Black Leather_3.8_198,500

DC1263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
rsrworker
AF Newbie

Yes, as a matter of fact this sounds all to familiar . I had the same problem a few years back until I remembered something my brother did when I was a kid so I devised a system and installed it on my car and have not had one problem since. E-mail me if your interested in one . I know it helps me sleep at night . thanks
rsrworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
GTS 2.4
AF Regular

you wouldnt happen to have a motion sensitive camera would you? or one of those photo trap things hunters use? you can rent them if you need to. Are you sure its a dog? Because I am assuming your leash laws are the same as they are in CA. If a dog is running around pissing on your car then its clearly not on a leash which you could get the owners in trouble for if you choose to.
GTS 2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:56 AM   #8
Uli99
AF Newbie

Go and buy 4 small size wood/wire mouse traps. Attach a string to each of them and hang one at each wheel.
Arm the traps and let your dog do his business, once he has experienced the trap snapping a couple of times in front of his nose he will loose interest in car tires. Make sure you choose the smallest size trap, since you don't want him to get his snout caught in the large kind of rat trap.
This will not hurt your dog, and you can repeat as often as necessary until he learned the lesson.
Uli99 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > General Discussion