Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Robert11
AF Newbie

Dashboard Illumination Level Very "Flaky" On New 2009 LaCrosse

Hello,

Thanks for help on my last Post.
Have a brand new 2009 LaCrosse.

Dashboard illumination keeps changing; drives me crazy.
Really seems random; hard to correlate the changes with light or dark conditions.
Will talk to the Dealer about it, but my guess is that they won't find the problem as it truly seems random.

I looked thru some of the older Posts, and was amazed to see that this problem apparently existed way back to 2005 or so, and they still haven't fixed it, apparently.

Anyone know if there is a Service Bull. on it, or what the
problem actually is ?

I will append the old Posts re this below, as I guess they are pretty well buried by now.

BTW: Am I correct that the way the (automatic) Headlight control is supposed to function is that in "low" light, the Msg. that Headlights Are Suggested comes on, but when truly "dark", and the headlight switch is in AUTO, they come on by themselves without any msg. appearing?
Is this correct ?

Thanks for help,
Bob
-------------------------

Hello, My first post here. We have a 2005 LaCrosse CSX, like the car very much. But we have a problem with the "Driver Information Center" located in the speedometer module. Whenever we encounter a low light situation, such as in the late evening or early morning the display will go from normal brightness to so dim it cannot be read. This condition may last from 10 to as much as 50 miles, until it is dark or bright daylight then the display will gradually increase in brightness. Any one else have this problem, is there a fix, we have complained everytime the car has been in for major service (3 times). The dealer claims they cannot duplicate the problem and have no clue what the problem is. This is a minor problem but very frustrating! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rich
-----
Re: LaCrosse driver info center problem
I have a 06 lacrosse csx with 7800 miles.
I have the same problem that you have.
Like you say it's a minor problem & I haven't bothered
to look into it as of yet.
It must have something to do with the light sensor located
on the dashboard.
You can try cleaning the plastic cover over the sensor to
remove any film that may be blocking the light from getting to the sensor.
( which is something that I will do now that you have reminded me ).
---

Re: LaCrosse driver info center problem
Rich, I have the same "minor" problem on my '06 LaCrosse. There is no pattern when this will take place. It could start in the garage with I first start the car, or it may do it when driving down the street/highway at any time of the day. The instruments lights may go dim, but the highway/driving lights still are bright.

I haven't taken it to the Buick dealer, for they are noted to tear everything apart, and make matters worse. I've ran a check with various testers and cannot locate any malfunctions. Maybe Buick will finally come up with a TBS.
Robert11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
jrecken
AF Regular

Re: Dashboard Illumination Level Very "Flaky" On New 2009 LaCrosse

Bob,

There is a service bulletin on the dash light problem.
Service bulletin # 08-08-42-001 which says reprogram the BCM.
jrecken is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure