Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

repsol honda rc211v '05(max biaggi)

hi guys,

it's been a long time since i have a wip model or even displaying my work. it's due to the problems with the postage law in my country that i can't get my hands on the spray cans.

anyway, i'll explain more in this thread.

firstly, i've been trying to make this model for a long time. i got the model kit that is the lcr rc211v '06 as the kit donor & i got the decal set that is mc version. here is the pic of the decal set below. but due to lack of paints needed for this model; the kit, the decal set & the extra part which i order from rainbow ten website has been in my room for at least 4 months.

since i got the colors needed for this bike, i've started building it but i'm gonna make it real slow due to work. this is the photo of the engine. here, i used my leftovers of the '03 clutch(i guess it's almost look alike like the one in the '05 version. please correct me if i'm wrong about my theory on that) & the '03 clutch cover after taking a look at my pit walk photo book.

now for the paints, i know that it's gonna sound stupid but i have to say this. firstly i went to an art shop & i saw some spray cans that i need for the bike. the can is really big but the result seems to be fine. i'm not sure whether you heard of this brand or not except for those who have painted the house before, i'm using the nippon paints spray can. i know it's ridicolous but i have no choice. this is the result when i use the mentioned spray can on the wheels.

well, that'll be it for the time being until the next post.

oh i forgot, can anyone tell me where i can get nicky hayden's parts? i would like to build the repsol '04 or '05 version with nicky hayden's no. on it but it'll be much nicer if i can get nicky hayden's part for the rear brake disc & the holder.

adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:55 AM   #2
ace91
AF Regular

Re: repsol honda rc211v '05(max biaggi)

here i used the swing arm from the '03 valencia bike which i ordered from rainbow ten.

since mc include the 600th win mark i decided to put it on

here, i painted some of the parts. since mc does include the decal for the orange part, i thought i would try to paint the part orange rather than using the decal. now i'm working on the mapping for the colouring scheme.

adrian
Old 05-18-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
ace91
AF Regular

this is the colour scheme on how i wanted it to be done.

A - chrome yellow(that's how nippon paint labels it but i believe that's the right tone for the orange)
B - dark mica blue(using ts-64(lukily i still have some))
C - semi gloss black(using ts-29)

here i notice the bottom fairing has some kind of black colour which i believe it's semi gloss black when i saw it in my pit walk photo collection. so, i painted first with ts-64 then i mask the area where i want to cover just like the photos below.

the masking part took me a while to get it right. the main concern at that time was the paint that i used for the orange part peels easily unlike the tamiya version. luckilly i tested it on a leftover part that i had after building some previous kit. i tried to mask on that part part & peel the mask. when i peel the mask i peeled the paint too. didn't expect the nippon spray paint can be peeled easily. i believed the orange tone was just right for the bike. i was sort of worried that it could peel after taking out the mask since i didn't want to use the mc orange decal & also, the decal is slightly too big. anyway, this is the results after the painting them.

this is the nose. i also did the masking for the nose as i wasn't much worried after painting the fairings without getting the orange part peeled.

here are the photos of the naked bike in few views.

i'll be posting the completed model soon.

adrian
Old 05-18-2008, 02:30 AM   #4
ace91
AF Regular

now here are the photos of the completed model in different views. knowing that biaggi has smaller fuel tank, i've tried ways to make a smaller fuel tank using the lcr honda parts with repsol honda '06 parts along with team pons '03 parts. but all of them couldn't fit well no matter how i tried. anyway, there's nothing i could do but to go along with the longer fuel tank.

i didn't expect that mc missed out the 'unit pro link' part as they only gave one. so i used the 'unit pro link' decal from my leftover valencia decal.

adrian

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes