Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
bpopilek
AF Newbie

Question 2004 Yukon XL Engine Performance Upgrade

Ok, so in the next month or so, I am going to tear down my motor and replace some leaking gaskets and swap out all the lifters because one has been ticking on and off. What I think I would like to do while I am at it, is to upgrade some of the parts to get some more performance out of the engine.

Basically I am looking for some advice on what to buy specifically to get some additional horsepower, and possibly increase my gas mileage too. Can anyone reccomend a list of what I should use? New heads vs rebuild my heads, new cam, etc... Also, would I need to or should I have the ECM reprogrammed after the changes? Thanks for reading!
bpopilek is offline   Reply With Quote