Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 02:02 AM   #1
carlover34095
AF Newbie

Car buying decision: Lexus ES300, Mercedes-Benz C320, Audi A4 3.0

Hi,
I'm deadlocked in deciding which car to buy. I love the plush quite interior of the Lex, but I love the options and prestige of the Mercedes and I love the performance and handling of the Audi. I would really appreciate everyone's preferences and recommendations. Personal experiences with these cars would be great as well. Thanks
carlover34095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:14 AM   #2
crayzayjay
CFA

errrr.... it says you already have a 3.0 A4?

I'd go for the Merc, although you pay out of your nose for the options. My cuz has a C and its a nice, relaxing drive, great ride, with pretty decent handling. A4 would be my second choice, ES a distant third
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:38 AM   #3
edonis
AF Enthusiast

You should consider the Saab 9-3 Aero. Has 210hp, got 5stars in EuroNCAP collision test, one of the most burglar safe cars, safest car to be in at a collision from behind due to its whiplash-protective headrests. And not to forget it's really great to drive. Forget all about the previous version, this is alot stiffer and better to drive. Looks are great and quality is high. And the best part is that it's cheaper than your alternatives! got 4 1/2 stars (out of 5) in CAR magazine, just to mention one..

At least take a visit to your local Saab dealer and take it for a test drive. You wont regret it, that I promise you!
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #4
crayzayjay
CFA

You wouldn’t happen to be a Saab dealer, would ya?
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 11:30 AM   #5
edonis
AF Enthusiast

Lol But no, I'm not.. I don't even drive a Saab (don't have a car at the moment) but my dad does, and I've always had Saabs (and yes, tried BMW, and Audi as well) I'm just afraid GM won't spend any more money trying to keep alive Saab. Saab is already starting to loose some of its appeal with the new 9-2 (redone Impreza) and 9-7 (trailblazer, or so...) But they're great cars. Honestly!
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 01:22 PM   #6
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

it doesn't really matter which car you pick. they'll all make you happy in their own way.

i would say go with the mercedes. get the 4 matic so it's AWD, the audi's better but MB's is nice too. i wouldn't really go with the lex though. to me it's just a nice lookig Yota camry. look into the G35 inifiniti or a 2k3 maxima too. i think they'd fall into this catagory well
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:25 PM   #7
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
I'd take the C Class if you aren't heading to the Ski fields the Audi if you are- both are great cars and you won't be dissapointed

The Lexus ES300 doesn't even deserve consideration- just an over-glorified Camry

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 08:46 PM   #8
del
móddə rąytər

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
it doesn't really matter which car you pick. they'll all make you happy in their own way.

i would say go with the mercedes. get the 4 matic so it's AWD, the audi's better but MB's is nice too. i wouldn't really go with the lex though. to me it's just a nice lookig Yota camry. look into the G35 inifiniti or a 2k3 maxima too. i think they'd fall into this catagory well
sorry but i dont' think a maxima quite fits in this category at all. not saying there's no luxury appeal to it, but it's no mercedes or audi, not even lexus. i would slot the maxima against a volkswagon passat W8 for example. not sure what other cars fit into this "is it a luxury car or not?" category, maybe the acura tl-s or chrysler 300m perhaps.

anyway, back to the subject. out of the 3 listed, i'd go for the audi. like mentioned, the lexus is a rebadged camry, the MB is nice but the c class cars never impressed me compared to the bmw 3 series or even audi a4's.
del is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons