Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Vehicle Previews
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Scion tC: "Cheap" Killer

SUMMARY: The compact market in the Unites States is heating up. Vehicles like the Mini, the Mazda3, and even the VW Jetta have proven that you don’t need to sacrifice quality and entertainment if you buy an (relatively) affordable and small car. They’re also proving to carmakers that if done right, quality compacts can bring in affluent young buyers that have yet to develop their loyalties and can be easily “brought into the fold,” so to speak. The sooner they drink the Kool-Aid, the better.

View full article

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:04 PM   #2
Navy I.C.
AF Enthusiast

Re: Scion tC: "Cheap" Killer

if it performs it will sell...
Old 08-02-2004, 12:01 AM   #3
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

While an auto enthusiast knows how to find the right car, the "snob shopper" that wants a $30K car will not accept this peace offering. Americans can be a pretentious sort and the only real reason BMW 3 series exist is so that entry level manager types can feel important. We seem to think that the more we pay for something, the cooler it must be. This reason, among others, is why we lag 3-5 years behind the rest of the world in technologies. We are more concerned about how we look than getting a good deal or even keeping, unless it's keeping up appearances.

With that said, this car will need some serious PR to get off the ground. A movie, a music video, one of the never ending stream of juvenile shows on the WB. It seems like it will be a great little car, built for a very fickle consumer.
SkyTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #4
BFT
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to BFT

We're going to see more pocket rocket cars out there. As the performance market heats up and the next generation of drivers gets into the fun part of driving, we will see the domestic companies join in more. I hate imports, but maybe this will be a good thing for us performance guys out there.
BFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:01 PM   #5
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Scion tC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFT
We're going to see more pocket rocket cars out there. As the performance market heats up and the next generation of drivers gets into the fun part of driving, we will see the domestic companies join in more. I hate imports, but maybe this will be a good thing for us performance guys out there.
Well, I would'nt hold your breath. The major US players own a lot of companies that make the fast little cars. So there's no real reason to change formats if the money is coming into the same house. Mazda has a whole fleet of 'pocket rockets' that now fall under the Ford banner. Make your own? Nah, we'll just buy one already assembled.
SkyTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #6
DSM-Mark
AF Enthusiast

What's the MSRP? I missed it, or it doesn't say...
Old 08-13-2004, 12:03 AM   #7
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

16,000 +/- 1000
BlazerLT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Vehicle Previews