Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
DouglasF
AF Newbie

2004 GMC Envoy - Leans - No Longer level

My GMC Envoy recently started to lean to the passenger side. From the rear, you can see it is no longer level and may be 1-2 inches lower on the passenger side. It has the auto-leveling air shocks, but they seem to still come on like in the past. However, I wonder if there is a sensor that has slipped or something?

I also have the speedometer stuck at 120 mph plus problem. It went up slowly and over a few weeks eventually just kept going up.

I also have periodically had the check engine light on as well. Seems to come and go.

The truck has 68,000 miles and it otherwise like new. I want to fix these issues as I want to keep the vehicle, but they are frustrating and the dealer wants $600 for a new instrument panel. Says nothing about ground problems.

Is there recalls on this stuff? Help!
DouglasF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 2004 GMC Envoy - Leans - No Longer level

Proper standing height measure ments and checking the rear suspension should point to the leaning problem, the speed owas a common issu,e the stepper motor is bad, check for recalls or TSB's on the issue with the dealer. The CEL should show a history code on a good pro scanner.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
DouglasF
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
Proper standing height measure ments and checking the rear suspension should point to the leaning problem, the speed owas a common issu,e the stepper motor is bad, check for recalls or TSB's on the issue with the dealer. The CEL should show a history code on a good pro scanner.

Thanks for the info! Sorry, the CEL would show a code for the speedometer when it went bad or something?

Do you think the lean is from a bad sensor or something?

I checked with GM and there are no recalls or buletins on Envoys speedometer problem. Yet there are many comments of this problem if you Google it. GM said Sierra and CAdilac, etc,. Not Envoy
Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
maxwedge
A990 racer

If you have a digital dash there are issues, the stepper motor is only on the analog speedo. There is no sensor that would cause a tilt, the code still has to be read.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
DouglasF
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
If you have a digital dash there are issues, the stepper motor is only on the analog speedo. There is no sensor that would cause a tilt, the code still has to be read.

Thanks for the information. The dash is digital except the speedometer and tach.

I'm told by GM that they will pick up the parts cost on the instrument panel, so I am going to talk to the dealer about labor. Seems to make sense.

While I'm in for that fix, I'll have them read the computer to see why the tilt.

Thanks!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy