Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
carl123
AF Newbie

97 transmission hard shift tps p0120 and p1705

I did have a problem with a 1997 quest with hard shifting and codes p0120 p1705 p0325 I did change the tps but problem still so after checking everything found that the computer wasn't getting the signal from tps sensor I did start checking the wire and found the signal wire coming from tps (white middle wire on the top connector of tps) grounded at engine harness after fixing the wire all the problems went away and no more codes just want to share this info someone can used.
carl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
hugo7510
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: 97 transmission hard shift tps p0120 and p1705

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl123
I did have a problem with a 1997 quest with hard shifting and codes p0120 p1705 p0325 I did change the tps but problem still so after checking everything found that the computer wasn't getting the signal from tps sensor I did start checking the wire and found the signal wire coming from tps (white middle wire on the top connector of tps) grounded at engine harness after fixing the wire all the problems went away and no more codes just want to share this info someone can used.
Great Post!!! Thank you! My 1997 quest had the same problem and same codes, hard shifthing from 1st to 2nd gear, I was about to have rebuild the tranny, after I read this, I tested the same white cable, found it grounded then I replaced it, and the issue was fixed inmediatly. Looks like this is a common issue on the quest.
hugo7510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
magasub
AF Newbie

Re: 97 transmission hard shift tps p0120 and p1705

carl123 or hugo7510

I know this is an old post, but I have the same issue. How exactly were you abble to replace the white wire as it is routed with other wire around the engine and seems very difficult to trace. Do you know where in the run it was shorting?

Thanks for any help
magasub is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena