Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
henry79
AF Newbie

2004 Quest - Takes a long time to heat up in winter

The van will sit to warm up for 20 min in winter before the heat in the van feels warm. If I drive the van before that it does not help to heat up the van faster. The defrost also does not do a good job. I had the thermostat replaced and that has not helped. Any ideas?
henry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2004 Quest - Takes a long time to heat up in winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry79 View Post
The van will sit to warm up for 20 min in winter before the heat in the van feels warm. If I drive the van before that it does not help to heat up the van faster. The defrost also does not do a good job. I had the thermostat replaced and that has not helped. Any ideas?

How many miles on vehicle? Had the coolant level been staying at proper level before thermostat replacement or have you been adding coolant? What brand thermostat was installed?? Reason I ask is that it has been common lately to get multiple bad thermostats lately from what I have been reading on different forums. How long have you been driving since thermostat replacement?? Possible air in the system Can you tell if the air blend door is functioning properly??

Is your check engine light on? Have you checked for codes, are there any pending codes? Do you have a temp gauge or idiot light? I assume it is a gauge , where does the needle register on the gauge?? Are the coolant fans running continuesly?? Has the ECTS been check for proper function. (Engine Cooling temperature sensor)
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote