Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
Tired3
AF Newbie

92 Isuzu pup starts but dies after only seconds

Just picked up my pup from the repair shop. Unfortunately, the mechanic was already closed for the day and my pup was outside his shop. I started the pup about 10 different times. Each time, the pup ran for only seconds and then died. Finally, it continued running. I got the pickup home. The next day, the pup did the same thing. I called the mechanic hoping the problem had to do with him replacing the T/O bearing. We couldn't coordinate a time. I am starting back tomorrow (7/30/10), bugging him for an answer. If the problem has nothing to do with replacing the throw out bearing, what could it be. The fuel pump is not a year old. The distributor cap is new. Sparks plugs are new. My mechanic just did a value job on the pup, stopped all of the leaks, replaced the coils on the emergency brake and replaced the rear crankshaft. I am starting to think that my mechanic is tearing things up so I will continue paying him.
Tired3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Justpow
AF Newbie

Re: 92 Isuzu pup starts but dies after only seconds

If your mass air flow meter is unplugged or non functioning, it will do this very thing. If its plugged in, You can do a back probe test on your MAF reference voltage to see if there is 5 volts, and your signal wire back to the pcm should be reading something while cranking or even you blowing on it. the higher the return voltage, the more air flow the maf is sensing. You should get a wiring diag to do this.
Hope it helps
justin
Justpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
danielsatur
AF Enthusiast

Re: 92 Isuzu pup starts but dies after only seconds

Check the oxygen sensors, and have your catalytic converter.
danielsatur is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > General Discussion