Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Another_Drummer
AF Newbie

Check Engine Light - Finally Got The Codes

Well, I finally found time to go to AutoZone to get the codes on my car checked out. These are the two codes I got:

1 - P0405
2 - P0141

The first one was EGR issues, and the 2nd was the O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2). I went with the first code to get it checked out and give it a shot. I took off the EGR and cleaned it with carburetor cleaner just to make sure and put it back on....engine light was still on. So I went and coughed up $170 for a new one. Popped it on...and the engine light went out for a while....then it came back on a few miles later. Now I have to clean the O2 sensor or replace it to see what happens next. I'll have to find out where it is located and get to that next.

I'm sure this is still much cheaper than a shop doing it..... At least I hope so.
Another_Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
LEM
AF Regular

Re: Check Engine Light - Finally Got The Codes

You may also need to clean out the EGR tube that's accessed by removing the throttle body; it will get plugged up pretty badly over time and cause an EGR code. If you check the FAQs for 98+ Troopers you should find something about the EGR; there's a pretty good write-up on how to clean it and the EGR tube.

Good luck!
LEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
Another_Drummer
AF Newbie

Re: Check Engine Light - Finally Got The Codes

Well I'll try that as well. I couldn't find it online. Anyone have an idea as to how easy this is done?
Another_Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard