Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
HandofDoom
AF Regular

The All New Zephyr

So,what do you guys think?I think its definatly a step forward for Lincoln.They need something like this desperatly.I don't like it though.Theres nothing to the body.The rear end is bland.The front end is okay.The interior design is also okay.If its anything like the Navigators interior then Lincoln is messing up.I say this because the Navi's interior is very cheap.How do you all think it will compete?Lets here it.

Fuck the fast and the furious,
Ride slow and luxurious

HandofDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:34 AM   #2
Den.
AF Newbie

Re: The All New Zephyr

I think it's a joke. It's sad that Ford has gotten this low and I'm a FORDGUY!! The fact that Lincoln has to repackage a mazda to make a new Lincoln is sad. And I'm not bashing Mazda.

I'd love this car more if it at least had a proper clutch! Ah well. I am one of the few people I gues that would like a traditional American Luxury car with a fairly stiff suspension and some guts under the hood. I always thought the LS was a good idea but as usual Ford copped out by not offering the V8 with the 5 spd.

But that always happens. I DO understand they worry about their demographic and are afraid of losing the "traditional" buyers but COME ON FORD!! Those people are all dead or dying! Hell, if Caddy could do it even with exceptionally UGLY cars, then Ford should be able to also.

Hell, even Chrysler is managing to revitalize even with the self destructing transmission option!

I do like the IDEA of the new Zephyr, but again feel it was half assed.
(Want safer drivers? Ban cellphones, GPS/NAV, traction/stability Control, backup cams/beepers/parking sensors and radar cruise. That'd be a good start! If you're that bad a driver-WALK!! PLEASE WALK!!)
Den. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
zephyrized
AF Newbie

I test drove 15-20 vehicles... all makes... models... before I bought my Zephyr. It was and is a clear winner for me.
Just the right combination of ride, cornering looks and luxury.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

The car is fine, but I think Ford is making the brand 'cheap' by adding an inexpensive Lincoln; one that is so obviously a gussied -up Ford.
In the long run, it will hurt the brand.
(Which, BTW is what happened the last time Ford built a Lincoln Zephyr, in the 1930's. The fallout form THAT car made people think, in the 1950's that the Lincoln was equal to a Buick or Olds, and was not equal to a Cadillac.)

It took years for Ford to reverse that perception.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:37 AM   #5
zephyrized
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat
The car is fine, but I think Ford is making the brand 'cheap' by adding an inexpensive Lincoln; one that is so obviously a gussied -up Ford.
In the long run, it will hurt the brand.
(Which, BTW is what happened the last time Ford built a Lincoln Zephyr, in the 1930's. The fallout form THAT car made people think, in the 1950's that the Lincoln was equal to a Buick or Olds, and was not equal to a Cadillac.)

It took years for Ford to reverse that perception.
The price point is probably why ford did this to compete against the pricing of the CTS.
For whatever reason, it got me into the Linoln market.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:14 AM   #6
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

I agree Ford is cheapening Lincoln. It's a good looking car and IMHO the interiors are better than Caddy, and the over all look is better as well. Caddy's styling is literally "EDGY" and fugly. Yet their drivelines are better than Lincoln. As an entry level luxury car it'll do, that's something Caddy doesn't even offer. Yet anything else they seem to be considering is planned on FWD platforms, not my idea of top end luxury. A quality luxury car company should run the gammet of luxury from entry level to top end.
Filthy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #7
Mr Wiggl3s
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mr Wiggl3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofDoom
So,what do you guys think?I think its definatly a step forward for Lincoln.They need something like this desperatly.I don't like it though.Theres nothing to the body.The rear end is bland.The front end is okay.The interior design is also okay.If its anything like the Navigators interior then Lincoln is messing up.I say this because the Navi's interior is very cheap.How do you all think it will compete?Lets here it.
I dont like the Navi's either our 2000 Navi was a POS on wheels, it was sad really.
Mr Wiggl3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s
I dont like the Navi's either our 2000 Navi was a POS on wheels, it was sad really.
Yeah I have a friend who really wanted an Escalade saved up and bought it. Nothing but problem after problem and now gas is $3.30 a gallo here and climbing.
Filthy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > General Discussion