Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #46
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
So very true...but Honda as revolutionary as they can be, does really stick to their old principles...no AWD, no RWD, no turbo, and only as much power as is necessary...their policies are changing a bit (RL, S2000) but their commitment to fuel economy remains ironclad...mabe in the next rsx they will put the 2.4L and tune that to some serious hp?

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:28 PM   #47
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

Re: New 05 RSX =210hp

The Civic Wagovan or whatever isn't the only Honda AWD, the Japanese CL7 (TSX) has available AWD, SH-AWD on the RL and Honda was thinking about a turbo for the TSX AWD so that the added weight of the AWD system and the underpowered TSX will now have some speed.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #48
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Think about a turboed awd RSX-S. Drool...
And BTW, I have to admit, the new design has even grown on me too. That commercial makes it look quite badass...

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:47 PM   #49
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

^ Yeah.

The commercial is a page right out of Scion's book. Although all of the RSX commercials were cool this is right up there with the "Integra Type R In The Blood commercial" and the powersliding one. I've only seen this on once though, and can't find it on the internet.

Apparently there are 2 other ones, one with fighter jets/pilots and one with a silver RSX by a beach....
Old 09-30-2004, 11:55 AM   #50
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

the k2o engine is new there have been many that have turbo the car, but i compare the k20 to that of the 2zzge from the celica, i belive these engines are sensitive to turbos, so i would keep them NA.
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #51
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

The K20A2 is a good NA engine, but you can only go NA so far.....a SC or a turbo (as long as it isn't a ton of boost) would be very doable.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:02 AM   #52
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Dr.Gonzo Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Gonzo

OK the thing about Honda's is that they are
1. Mechanically reliable vehicles.
2. Great gas mileage.
3. Sell wonderfully here in North America
4. Make sporty great handling fwd cars that don't comprimise safety and reliability for speed.
5. More hp out of their inline 4 cylinder engines that almost any other car company out there.
6.Honda masters everything it does its I4 engines are legendary D,B,H,F, and K. So don't you think when they get around to really tuning their 6 cylinder engines that they will be able to come out with something amazing or even more so than the 3.2L V6 in the NSX?

Give Honda time they didn't become the best b/c they were stupid. Plus on the power side of the 05 RSX Type S it's not like the 01's-04's can't be easily modded to make the same hp as the stock 05 and in the end the 05 and models before will probably make the same hp if you put on the same bolt ons.
As for being a VR6 driver I wish VW was on par with Honda when it comes to making fast reliable cars in a decent price range. It seems VW comes up a day late and a dollar short most of the time with their cars. The new I4 16v FSI turbo is the only thing I am really excited about coming out from VW yes in 07 the 3.6VR6 will be coming out with 280hp and around the same tq but until then the 3.2VR6 will remain overpriced in my opinion. For around $30-$32 grand I could get an EVO,STI, or 350Z to name a few that easily compete with the new VW R32 Golf. Sorry for the long post but for you people just be glad Honda for most of the part does it's best which is better than most.
Dr.Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #53
bizlipkick
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to bizlipkick
Not being biased, but I just test drove the 05 Type-S, and I cant tell a difference at all. They let me take it out on the twisties (I live in colorado springs, the dealership is literally minutes from pikes peak.) I felt a little more confidence in corners, but nothing even a aftermarket strut bar would not make a 02-04 do. like the new guages, but not worth it for the horrible taillights and headlights.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:57 AM   #54
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

why why why why why why why did you guy had to bring this dead forum back? .......................yes hondas are good reliable cars..........and get good hp out of i4 engines.
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:00 PM   #55
RSX04TS
AF Newbie

I work part-time at a valet parking lot, and own an rsx type-s, i have driven the new rsx, there aint to much of a noticealbe driving difference, 10hp aint much for me to spend extra cash, little upgrades will put your type-s up againts the new one,
RSX04TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #56
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

Well yeh, 10 crank hp can easily be gotten with an exhaust or you can get more with a header, intake, or Hondata.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX