Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #31
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane
Re: W7 vs Solobaric L7

it is bass, and that is not very hard at all...
Old 10-10-2004, 11:21 AM   #32
snb778
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to snb778

I have 2 12" l7's. I can hit around 150-151 when i turn my gains up. Constant 147 on the streets id say. Check it out. http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pa...5&cat=25&val=1
snb778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #33
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

companies that cost less and IMO are better than JL and Kicker.

-Digital Designs (DDaudio, yes i admit it i am a DD head)
-Resonant Engineering (RE audio): By far better than JL in more ways than one. as a matter of fact i would call an XXX 15 king of SQ and up ther in the SPL and an HF 18 king of SPL...with the DD 9900 and 9500 not far behind
-Brahama: ya pretty much everything of theirs is better then JL also...they are one of theos subs that are made for SQ and SPL is just by product when you put the power to them.
-Crystal Audio: i like crystal audio more for thei componet sets and amps. but their subs pack a punch too and cost less.
-TruTech: though they are an amplifiers their amps could probably be deemed best Tube amps, best Class D mono block, and pretty darn good SQ A/B amps.

thoes are just a few. if you are looking for SQ but will enjoy getting loud JL is the way to go. if all yo uare looking to do is raddle your windsheild out of place and shadder your rear window the L7's or Audiobahn is the way to go. give a budget and im sure there are people (including myself) that will give yo ua system withing budget better than what you will get with JL or Kicker.
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #34
snb778
AF Regular

cbFryman, i think about 90% of people that have good knowledge of the XXX would say that it is NOT an SQ sub, even though it is good, it is more of an SPL subwoofer
Old 10-10-2004, 12:54 PM   #35
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

no it's a SQ sub, with the ability to get very loud

just like the brahma, except slightly more spl-oriented, though the difference is very minimal

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:53 PM   #36
CBFryman
Banned

snb778... Just because a woofer is often used in SPL set ups doesnt mean that the company designed it to be a SPL woofer. yes the XXX will get extremely loud (1 10" has been known to hit 145+ dB). but RE is focused on makeing good bass that is also loud. the XXX is often used as an SQ woofer because it can keep up with high quality componet sets yet doesnt smear or "boom" like an SPL woofer. it is used as an SPL woofer because it does give a flat responce. so there fore it is very versitile and can be used in many different vehicles because it will perform at almost any vehicles resonant frequincy. RE's only SPL oriented woofer is the HF. the HF is a monstor of a woofer. i think my beloved DD was shaking in their boots worrying that they would have to bring back the 9900 to keep up with RE. but even though the HF is SPL oriented it stil lgives a very flat responce. the reason it is an SPL oriented woofer is beause it isnt as effecient as the XXX (even thouhg the xx is al lthat effecient either) but the HF will handle massive ammounts of RMS power. there was a show car down in daytona with three HF's. each had a Trutech Sledge Hammer 3000w RMS amp on each coil. but anyway the XXX is a great SQ woofer that happens to be loud just like the other companies (except for DD which is a company who looks to be lou and good sound is a byproduct) i listed.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:50 PM   #37
snb778
AF Regular

Sounds good then, Ive just seen a lot of people on this site say that the Brahma is more SQ that gets very loud, and the XXX is an SPL sub that has great SQ when the box is built right, but is more SPL based. But im not sure, you know your shiznit more than me so..ill take your word for it
Old 12-03-2004, 05:26 PM   #38
CBFryman
Banned

FYI the XXX and the Brahma are both the same basic woofer. the same exact driver, same basic suspension, similar dustcaps, similar cones, they even look like. same basket as well. the only major difference is the brahma has the bull and the XXX has XXX. the price is even aprox the same.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:31 PM   #39
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Can people please stop bringing back really frickin dead posts. Like a year OLD.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #40
CBFryman
Banned

a little less than 2 months to be exact, i just though i would add that in after he relpied to the dead thread.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:42 PM   #41
Haibane
AF Fanatic

03Tibby [sm_search.gif]
AF Newbie

09-05-2003, 10:14 AM

Believe that was last year
Old 12-03-2004, 05:52 PM   #42
CBFryman
Banned

well last pot in it before it wast brought back
Old 12-03-2004, 06:11 PM   #43
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: W7 vs Solobaric L7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
FYI the XXX and the Brahma are both the same basic woofer. the same exact driver, same basic suspension, similar dustcaps, similar cones, they even look like. same basket as well. the only major difference is the brahma has the bull and the XXX has XXX. the price is even aprox the same.
Very different motor (I'm guessing by "driver" you meant motor), different suspension, dustcap is cosmetic only, and they do both have paper cones, but then again so does just about any other subwoofer cone out there.

They have a similar power handling, similar excursion, and both have xbl^2, other than that they're pretty different.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:14 AM   #44
shawn4545
AF Newbie

If I were you i would either get Two Kover Armegeddon 15s or two cerwin vega stroker 18s, neither jl nor kicker can compare to either of those subs.
shawn4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:25 AM   #45
GSteg
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GSteg
Re: Re: W7 vs Solobaric L7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn4545
If I were you i would either get Two Kover Armegeddon 15s or two cerwin vega stroker 18s, neither jl nor kicker can compare to either of those subs.