Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > Older Vehicles > Other
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
Trauma_Junkie
AF Newbie

91 Audi 100 - overheat indicator

Bought this car about 3 months ago. Before I had a chance to register it I parked it on my street with old plates, to my surprise it got towed for not being registered. It sat in some towing yard for 3 days, it was freezing cold.

When I got it registed and went to get it, I took it on the highway shortly after, I heard a pop followed by white smoke comming from under the hood turned out to be a broken cooling hose. I had the hose replaced and the system flushed, but ever since that event the car displays a red temperature indicator and an annoying beeping, suggesting that the car is over heating (i think). The temp gauge stays within normal limits. This red flashing often starts seconds after a cold start, so I know it's not over heating. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

I also noticed that the A/C belt is missing, but it's still cold now, Can't think of anything else? Is there a sensor somewhere that looks at the coolent color? Or sensor that determins if it's not flowing fast enough?
Trauma_Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > Older Vehicles > Other