Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Colorado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #16
jbaseballmom
AF Newbie

Re: Chevy Colorado Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphT
Odd. Was his emergency brake bad too?
He did not have time to apply them. Witness said he was pressing on the brake but it did not stop. The Cevrolet manufacturers called to get a statement but we have not heard anything about it yet.
jbaseballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #17
jbaseballmom
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxybeagle
I Have a 2005 colorado that has major brakes problems.Does anyone else?
What kind of brake issues are you having? My daughters boyfriend bought a new 06 and within @2weeks the brakes failed and he hit a pole. The insurance is fixing the truck, we are claiming brake failure. There was witness that told me at the scene that he was pressing the brakes because they even saw the brake lights. One even said they saw him from the side when he pressed the brakes and saw the movement when he let up and pressed again.

Last edited by jbaseballmom; 12-09-2006 at 12:47 PM.
jbaseballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #18
tom3
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphT
Odd. Was his emergency brake bad too?
Take it from an old guy who's had his share of beaters, when the brakes fail you don't have time to think. Downshift, turn key off, emergency brake, swerve to curb, etc. Not a chance, you stab those brakes again and the vehicle goes faster it seems. Sure shouldn't happen in a new vehicle and a younger driver wouldn't have a chance.
tom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #19
lar789
AF Newbie

I purchased an 05 Colorado at the end of 04. Its my first brand new vechicle and I also have had nothing but problems. The most recent is the check engine light came on resulting from loss of compression in one of the cylinders. My truck is just out of manufactorers warranty and into extended warranty (40k). It's been at the dealer since 1/9 and today they informed me that the cylinder head that I have been waiting on is non existent. They don't have a part for it nor can they find one so I have to sit back and wait, while I have no transportation and am paying a note on something I can't drive. Any advice?

Thanks!
lar789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #20
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

I've noticed them in the atlanta area get some friends and relatives and they carry picket signs telling about the dealer. They do this on a weekend morning when a lot of customers are looking. Some people get an old car painted lemon yellow and park it out front.
Depending on your phone company rates start calling big dealerships hunting the part. Also use the internet. You can even call junk yards for a used part send it to a machine shop for a valve job,pressure test and shaved. Depending on you engine size surely a head is available.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 AM   #21
scruffnbeez
AF Newbie

Wow...I have a 2004 Colorado...I haven't had any problems with it...just the recall on the brake light switch....
scruffnbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #22
gunner25
AF Newbie

Yes colorodos are trouble, i have a 2004 z71 and its been trouble since i bought it. Within the first 10000 miles an ignition module burnt out then 2 months later the radio burnt out, then on 15000 miles the o2 censor whent out.Then 2000 miles later the o2 censor whent out again. Now my problem is the anti theft system, the security switch in the ignition is fowled out wich cuts the fuel system off when you try to start it up. So when i get it fixed chevy and stick it and im tradeing it in, if anyone would be dumb enough to take it hahaha
gunner25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #23
woodym1
AF Newbie

I have a 04 Colorado with 28k miles. The front turn signal socket ate lamps until I figured out the problem. The new baseless lamps are CHEAP, no other reason for their use.

My heat/AC blower stopped working except in high speed. Most posts on the subject imply a failed resistor. In my Colorado, NOT the case. Those GM "engineers?" have the blower wiring harness hanging down into the passenger foot well. It gets kicked and I had to unplug and replug to solve the problem. It will probably work until kicked again. The armrests are "loose" and squeek when pulling the door shut or operating the PWs. In general; No real serious problems but the Colorado is a CHEAP, CHEAP truck! Never another GM vehicle for me, hello Toyota!
woodym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #24
kycowgirl
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to kycowgirl Send a message via Yahoo to kycowgirl

woody, same problem here with my 04 4x4 Colorado. The heater/AC only works part of the time. When we were on a trip, I stretched my leg out sorta under the dash and the heater started blowing again.
I haven't had any real serious problems yet. Occasionally, if I am sitting at a stop sign, the brakes will slowly go to the floor, and sometimes my ABS light come on for a minute. My son is trying to change my front breaks now, but the hub wont come off. Anyone know whats holding it on there? We even got a hub puller and it wont budge
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #25
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

I haven't worked on a Colorado but the brake pedal going to the floor usually indicates the master cylinder is bypassing internally.
On some front hubs you need a slide hammer to remove them. But I found them on a Honda not a U.S. vehicle but they may have changed.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:26 PM   #26
kycowgirl
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor
I haven't worked on a Colorado but the brake pedal going to the floor usually indicates the master cylinder is bypassing internally.
On some front hubs you need a slide hammer to remove them. But I found them on a Honda not a U.S. vehicle but they may have changed.

Thanks rhandwor, The brakes only did that a couple times and not for a long while. I've had the truck since August 2006 and really haven't had any big issues with it. Maybe the guy that owned it before me got all the bugs worked out already lol I just bought a Hanes repair manual so maybe we can figure out that Hub system. I was told its like the Toyotas. The garage wanted $780.00 to put new brakes on because of the front hubs. I about passed out. My son will be doing it for me. Anyway, I do appreciate your reply and I'll tell him to check that master cylinder
Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 PM   #27
DBNissan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DBNissan Send a message via Yahoo to DBNissan

The front rotors on the Colorado is a captured-rotor set-up. There are 6 bolts holding it on and its also pressed onto the hub. It's much easier to turn the rotors while still attached to the truck if they are still in good shape. The pads themselves only take 10 minutes to replace.

For the HVAC, the fan motor resistor is most likely the culprit. I listed the parts nedded in this thread: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=877307
Old 01-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #28
kycowgirl
AF Newbie

Thanks DBNissan,
Is there any way to get that hub off so I don't have to pay the garage $700 to fix it? I bought new rotors and Bindex pads for it already. The rotors show some wear and I would prefer to put new ones on it with the new ceramic pads.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #29
DBNissan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DBNissan Send a message via Yahoo to DBNissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl
Thanks DBNissan,
Is there any way to get that hub off so I don't have to pay the garage $700 to fix it? I bought new rotors and Bindex pads for it already. The rotors show some wear and I would prefer to put new ones on it with the new ceramic pads.
The removal procedure isn't shown in the Haynes manual? I was thinking of picking one up but if it doesn't show that then there may be other info that's not listed. All the copies I've seen are sealed in plastic wrap. I can get the info from a friend that's a GM Tech. PM me your email and I can send you a MSword copy of it.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #30
kycowgirl
AF Newbie

Nope, it wasn't in the Hanes manual. It was sealed in plastic so no pages ripped out lol

I'll pm you my e-mail, I appreciate the help. Thanks so much !!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Colorado