Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > S2000
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
mustangfreak145
AF Newbie

s2000 performance

any companys do s2000's. like i would like to see a turbo kit with a v-mount intercooler would i have to make it myself? s2000 are byfar the best 4cly car around
mustangfreak145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 03:08 PM   #2
pikkagtr
AF Enthusiast

Re: s2000 performance

comptech makes a supercharger for it and there is a REV hard kit or a DRAG turbo kit available as well
i think vortech makes a supercharger kit as well
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V

#464 NBP ITR
Comptech Sports Intake+ Ice Box, AEM FPR, AEM fuel rail, Nology wires, Greddy Iridium plugs, DC sports 4-1 SS header, Apex'i N1 Exhaust, Apex'i VAFC II tuned

XTC@8.5K
" Stop dreaming the life, Start living the Dream..."
pikkagtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
BNR34_V-SpecII
AF Enthusiast

Vortech Supercharger, Jackson Racing Supercharger, etc ... Personally favorite, Vortech makes the best supercharger kit for S2000 (AP1). But if you want to turbocharge it, there's a company call: Ultimate Racing. This company makes turbo kit for S2000, yes, turbocharger kit, not supercharger kit. I don't know its web site, but I can refer you to this site: www.vividracing.com

Dream car: 2007 / 2008 Lexus LS 600h
(Been shown in Lexus commercials)

Last edited by BNR34_V-SpecII; 02-07-2005 at 08:11 PM.
BNR34_V-SpecII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #4
Master Hiko
AF Newbie

id boost turbo if i were you. i hate all blowers unless its a twinscrew.

Me>>>you.....n00b
Master Hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
BNR34_V-SpecII
AF Enthusiast

they recently dyno-ed the bolt-on turbo kit for the s2000, it was 54 hps increased (which it'd be about 294hps). not bad. but the supercharge gives more, with supercharger, should be around 300+ hps after dyno-ed.

Old 02-07-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
SiGNAL748
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SiGNAL748 Send a message via MSN to SiGNAL748

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34_V-SpecII
they recently dyno-ed the bolt-on turbo kit for the s2000, it was 54 hps increased (which it'd be about 294hps). not bad. but the supercharge gives more, with supercharger, should be around 300+ hps after dyno-ed.
I think you've been mislead somewhat. Its not so much that a supercharger would give more hp gain than a turbocharger, or vise versa; its how many psi they're pushing. The supercharger that gave out 300hp on the dyno was more than likely putting out more psi than the turbocharger, which is a really biased way to look at it; since a turbocharger putting out the same psi will dyno in the same ballpark. The supercharger vs turbocharger war has been going on for decades; in my opinion, it depends on the application of your car. A turbocharger would be far less efficient in autocross or circuit racing due to its inherent lag; but would be excellent for a drag racer because of its raw power. While a supercharger is a better application for autocross and circuit racing because the power is there on demand and there is nothing to spool up since it spins in sync with your motor (belt driven); while it would be bad for a drag racing application due to its parasitic losses.

Good luck with your decision, mustangfreak145.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #7
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: Re: s2000 performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I think you've been mislead somewhat. Its not so much that a supercharger would give more hp gain than a turbocharger, or vise versa; its how many psi they're pushing. The supercharger that gave out 300hp on the dyno was more than likely putting out more psi than the turbocharger, which is a really biased way to look at it; since a turbocharger putting out the same psi will dyno in the same ballpark. The supercharger vs turbocharger war has been going on for decades; in my opinion, it depends on the application of your car. A turbocharger would be far less efficient in autocross or circuit racing due to its inherent lag; but would be excellent for a drag racer because of its raw power. While a supercharger is a better application for autocross and circuit racing because the power is there on demand and there is nothing to spool up since it spins in sync with your motor (belt driven); while it would be bad for a drag racing application due to its parasitic losses.

Good luck with your decision, mustangfreak145.
To add on to this well written post. A vortec will lag centerfuigal superchargers are probbly the CRAPPIEST thing out there yet its like half a turbo. the roots eaton blower has its ups but a few downs while a well sized turbo has nearly no lag a power increase in the whole band with no real fuse loss in normal driving.

A car like the Sk2 is very well set up for autoX and circuit racing from the factory just slapping on 200 more HP will pretty much ruin it as far as balance make it one monster though.

I'd say with the sk2 just a few minor tweaks are all you need as far as the car it self you'll find much more if you head of to skip barber or somthing like that.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #8
BNR34_V-SpecII
AF Enthusiast

can you boost the supercharger though? or only works for turbocharger?

Old 02-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
SiGNAL748
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SiGNAL748 Send a message via MSN to SiGNAL748

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34_V-SpecII
can you boost the supercharger though? or only works for turbocharger?
I'm not sure exactly sure what you mean by "boosting" a supercharger, but I'll assume that you mean increasing psi. If this is so, then yes, you can increase psi on a supercharger using a specified pulley.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #10
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

That fu**ing eating an apple image perturbs my mind.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #11
ArideII
AF Enthusiast

In late Feb there is a turbo kit comming out from Love Fab. They run 7psi, comes with engine management, and in beta testing it put 312 to the wheels and is fully spooled at 3900 rpms. Supposed to be the best on the market. It will run you 6grand though. But a comptech supercharger with an aftercooler is going to run you 5200 dollars.

As stated above if you want to drag the S2k go turbo(The car really isn't a dragster though), if you want to autoX it go supercharger.

Ultimate racing does make a very good turbo for the S. Rev hard refuses to post dyno graphs so most in the S2K community don't trust it. Plus they use an FMU rather than EMS.
2001 S2000 Currently -- Comptech Intake, Neuspeed Springs, Neuspeed Cat-Back Exhaust, Air/Fuel guage, Nitrous Pressure Guage, TPS, Remote bottle Opener, 2 Step Colder Plugs, NX Wet 75 Shot, 4.57 Gears, 5% tint.
2005 Mustang GT: Working on C&L Intake w/ Tune, Pro Kit, Wet 75 shot. Shooting for Mid 12's.
ArideII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:13 AM   #12
ArideII
AF Enthusiast

Oh yeah, there is a 10psi pully for the comptech supercharger. Some people have seen 394whp out of this set up. But, with the turbo I've seen a guy here in bham putting 440 to the wheels... possibly the fastest S in the country.
2001 S2000 Currently -- Comptech Intake, Neuspeed Springs, Neuspeed Cat-Back Exhaust, Air/Fuel guage, Nitrous Pressure Guage, TPS, Remote bottle Opener, 2 Step Colder Plugs, NX Wet 75 Shot, 4.57 Gears, 5% tint.
2005 Mustang GT: Working on C&L Intake w/ Tune, Pro Kit, Wet 75 shot. Shooting for Mid 12's.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:43 AM   #13
Master Hiko
AF Newbie

as far as boosting turbo on a course, it specifically depends on the correct setup. that cant be stressed enough. of course everyone knows about lag, but if mapped and sized correctly for the engine, then there is nothing to worry about. especially since the s2k has a high powerband in which most of its performance comes from in the first place. this is track specific, but how often do you drop below 4krpm in second on a course? especially in a s2k? not very often i tell you. spooling full boost by 4k in this instance would have virtually no lag since you would rarely, if at all, fall off that low. again, this is only 'per-setup' but the point still stands. which is better is really only defined by the application and intentions. any class of touring would benefit mostly from a turbo (relatively speaking), but autox is certainly partial to blowers.

Me>>>you.....n00b
Master Hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:44 PM   #14
zetaracer
AF Newbie

Re: Re: s2000 performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArideII
Oh yeah, there is a 10psi pully for the comptech supercharger. Some people have seen 394whp out of this set up. But, with the turbo I've seen a guy here in bham putting 440 to the wheels... possibly the fastest S in the country.
Some kid in New York is pushing 650+ to the wheels with a custom kit.

You talking about Bly pushing 440 to the wheels?
zetaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #15
ArideII
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: s2000 performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaracer
Some kid in New York is pushing 650+ to the wheels with a custom kit.

You talking about Bly pushing 440 to the wheels?
the guy I am talking about I've talked to a few times on another board. he goes by Albert... could be the same guy... not sure.

650 to the wheels is unreal!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > S2000