Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina APV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 02:54 AM   #1
69chevelless
AF Newbie

actuator clicking in door

I have a 95 lumina apv the other day I had the battery jumped. When I turn the key the doors lock fine. Once I press on the break the actuators start clicking both doors. They continue to do it once more after break is released. I had a remote starter put in the van this past summer. I brought it back to where I had it installed. It was not the remote start causing it. They said it was Drivers main switch. This seams to work the power windows not door locks. Also my sliding door (after jump) buzzes when on and side door ajar light on. Someone else said it was the body control module. Could someone let me know what it could be or what I should look for?. Thank you for your time.
69chevelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: actuator clicking in door

Did someone inadvertently connect the jumpers backward, even briefly? That can cause a lot of trouble with the various control modules.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue Bowtie For This Useful Post:
Tech II (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

I agree with Blue......if the symptoms were not there before the vehicle was jumped, then as he said, it could have been inadvertently jumped the wrong way......

Also, another possibility is, if the vehicle was dead, and the key was left in the "ON" position, and then the vehicle was jumped, you could have sent a "surge" though circuits, and caused a modular problem....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
69chevelless
AF Newbie

I was not watching when he hooked up the jump box. This was triple A that I called. The key was with me I did not put it in the ignition till he had the box connected.
There is something I noticed coming home from work. The rear sliding doors lock does not go down all the way it goes down about halfway. I went and pushed all the way down and the clicking went away. Could this be the problem?. If so what do I need to replace?.
This did not make the side door ajar light go out. So I'm not sure what is going on there. The side door does not open or close by its self anymore. I did not check the buzzing I had the switch turned off. If the problem is the lock on the rear side door could someone tell me what to do to fix this?. Thank you all for your time I really appreciate it.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:28 PM   #5
Tech II
AF Fanatic

One thing you can try...open the power sliding door......down near the bottom of the door, you will see "finger" contacts(they retract), and on the pillar you will see a contact plate....take some steel wool, and clean the contacts of the fingers and also the surface of the contact plate where the "fingers" touch.....then apply a light film of dielectic grease to the contacts in the fingers......

Now, turn the power door off in the overhead console.....manually, fully open and close the door , several times, checking that it opens and closes smoothly.....hit your door lock switch to lock....do all doors lock, including the sliding door? Then hit unlock switch.....do all unlock? Now turn power door lock switch on in overhead console, and try to command the door open with overhead switch or power door switch on passenger side......

If nothing happens, a code could be set in the door module....
Old 02-18-2017, 09:50 AM   #6
69chevelless
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech II View Post
One thing you can try...open the power sliding door......down near the bottom of the door, you will see "finger" contacts(they retract), and on the pillar you will see a contact plate....take some steel wool, and clean the contacts of the fingers and also the surface of the contact plate where the "fingers" touch.....then apply a light film of dielectic grease to the contacts in the fingers......

Now, turn the power door off in the overhead console.....manually, fully open and close the door , several times, checking that it opens and closes smoothly.....hit your door lock switch to lock....do all doors lock, including the sliding door? Then hit unlock switch.....do all unlock? Now turn power door lock switch on in overhead console, and try to command the door open with overhead switch or power door switch on passenger side......

Morning
Thank you for this info. I'm going to try this it. I will post what happens. If there is a code what if anything can I do?. I priced a new one it was around $95. if this is the only way to go I will do it. I just want to know how hard are they to put in? As I said I will post what happens. Thank you for your time.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #7
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Of course it will be helpful to clean the door contact plungers and the associated door strike plates.

If that does not resolve the random and unexpected operation you could try to disconnect the battery from the vehicle for several hours. Remove the battery cables (it's also a good excuse to clean the cables if they are not spotless) and charge the battery fully while it is disconnected.

While the battery is disconnected turn on the vehicle ignition and headlights. Of course this will not operate the lights, but it will provide a low resistance path for everything in the vehicle to dissipate all the reserve energy and hopefully return to a "base" condition before reconnecting power. The radio presets and clock will be erased, so be sure to turn off the Theft-Loc feature of the radio if it is so equipped. The PCM might lose its learned fuel trims but that will not be a big problem - It will relearn quickly. The DERM and BCM (and remote modules) should reset and hopefully behave. Remote entry should not be affected since it is backed by NVRAM in the PCM and BCM.

Turn off the ignition and lights after a few hours and reconnect the charged battery. Then cross your fingers. This has worked for me more than once.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #8
69chevelless
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bowtie View Post
Of course it will be helpful to clean the door contact plungers and the associated door strike plates.

If that does not resolve the random and unexpected operation you could try to disconnect the battery from the vehicle for several hours. Remove the battery cables (it's also a good excuse to clean the cables if they are not spotless) and charge the battery fully while it is disconnected.

While the battery is disconnected turn on the vehicle ignition and headlights. Of course this will not operate the lights, but it will provide a low resistance path for everything in the vehicle to dissipate all the reserve energy and hopefully return to a "base" condition before reconnecting power. The radio presets and clock will be erased, so be sure to turn off the Theft-Loc feature of the radio if it is so equipped. The PCM might lose its learned fuel trims but that will not be a big problem - It will relearn quickly. The DERM and BCM (and remote modules) should reset and hopefully behave. Remote entry should not be affected since it is backed by NVRAM in the PCM and BCM.

Turn off the ignition and lights after a few hours and reconnect the charged battery. Then cross your fingers. This has worked for me more than once.
Evening

I have not yet tried the first suggestion. Due to my German Shepherd being diagnosed with hemangisoarcoma. I'm trying to find someone to stay with her when I'm working.
It sound almost like rebooting the electrical system. I did undo the battery cables. Left them off for about an hour. I will try the way u are telling me to. Yesterday I could not get into the rear of the van due to the rear door not unlocking. I can not believe everything was working fine till I had it jumped. The garage I take it to I don't think wants to get into this problem. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 50's so I will try everything that has been posted here. I will post what happens.
Thank you again.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:34 PM   #9
69chevelless
AF Newbie

Afternoon
Can anyone tell me what the name of that module is? that is inside the sliding door. I'm getting tired of all the things going on with my van.Thank you
Old 02-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #10
Tech II
AF Fanatic

There is no module in the door, only an actuator....
Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 PM   #11
69chevelless
AF Newbie

Quote:
There is no module in the door, only an actuator....
Evening
On the GM page there is a module sliding door. part# 12088593 it says module door lock control auto door locks. $99.
This sounds like it is the brains of the operation is this right? Thank you
Old 03-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #12
Tech II
AF Fanatic

The sliding door module is not in the door, it is behind the trim, behind the door, where the third row seats are....

Only thing inside the door is the door lock actuator....
Old 03-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #13
69chevelless
AF Newbie

Quote:

hello Tech II
I did this today and it worked great. I really want to Thank you. At least the light went out on the dash and the door works beautifully. Once driving that annoying buzzer still goes off. The lock actuators still click. I wish I could do something about that now. Not sure if I should get one of those modules. Thank you again.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #14
69chevelless
AF Newbie

Quote:
The sliding door module is not in the door, it is behind the trim, behind the door, where the third row seats are....

Only thing inside the door is the door lock actuator....
thank you for that. See if I was going to replace it. I would of been the wrong place. No excuse for lack of brains I guess.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina APV