Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
tuningmaniacs
AF Newbie

Re: Question About Zero Paints

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleCentral View Post
I'm hoping that Scale Finishes will reopen as I am wanting to do the Flying Lizard cars and they have always had great prices and ship free in the US. The only alternative that I know of is Model Car World which can get expensive very fast, but it is still way cheaper than the cost to ship Zero paints. I wish there was a US distributor as they have several colors I would like to try.
Nic
I spoke with Jameston from Scale Finishes 2 days ago and he will continue business. I asked for international shipping because I also wanted to try these paints but he says that it's not possible. Don't understand why when I receive paints from China, from Japan and the Zero Paints from Hiroboy without problems. Wouldn't anybody want to send me a bottle or two well packed in a box? I would pay first by PayPal.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningmaniacs View Post
I spoke with Jameston from Scale Finishes 2 days ago and he will continue business. I asked for international shipping because I also wanted to try these paints but he says that it's not possible. Don't understand why when I receive paints from China, from Japan and the Zero Paints from Hiroboy without problems. Wouldn't anybody want to send me a bottle or two well packed in a box? I would pay first by PayPal.

My business is shipping equipment and chemicals for the stone business. They are very strict, and certain countries to not allow import from other countries, and some will not allow export to others.

it would probably be easy, but if youre caught, and they want to prosecute, you can wind up in deep trouble on top of paying fines.
Hemi Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Killer View Post
My business is shipping equipment and chemicals for the stone business. They are very strict, and certain countries to not allow import from other countries, and some will not allow export to others.

it would probably be easy, but if youre caught, and they want to prosecute, you can wind up in deep trouble on top of paying fines.
Hemi Killer is correct - here in the USA to ship "flammables" via our USPS postal system it is punishable by a $10,000.00 fine if you're caught not to mention any prison time. Even UPS and FedEx will only ship them via ground. I have always questioned what is considered a "flammable" because given the correct situation and conditions - everything is FLAMMABLE. - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #19
tuningmaniacs
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
Hemi Killer is correct - here in the USA to ship "flammables" via our USPS postal system it is punishable by a $10,000.00 fine if you're caught not to mention any prison time. Even UPS and FedEx will only ship them via ground. I have always questioned what is considered a "flammable" because given the correct situation and conditions - everything is FLAMMABLE. - John
Wow! Didn't know that the fines were so high and even prison would be considered.

Not even with a MSDS certificate? And as you say almost anything is flammable. Paper is extremely flammable with just a spark for example.

I understand (but don't share) the strict laws with shipping flammables by air.

Well I guess I might have to forget it then but luckily I can still use Zero Paints
Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #20
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningmaniacs View Post
Wow! Didn't know that the fines were so high and even prison would be considered.

Not even with a MSDS certificate? And as you say almost anything is flammable. Paper is extremely flammable with just a spark for example.

I understand (but don't share) the strict laws with shipping flammables by air.

Well I guess I might have to forget it then but luckily I can still use Zero Paints

tuningmaniacs - the USPS will not ship anything that requires a MSDS "hazardous" label - that's why they will not ship the paint. For any company it is too litigious if something went wrong as most everything USPS is shipped by air at some point. It could be shipped to you UPS or FedEx "surface" but many times surface takes too long or gets "lost" stolen by someone in the shipping link hoping it's something of value. I've ordered several things from Europe -Germany - France and every time the package has been broken into - sometimes things are missing sometimes it's all there - not sure what is going on but I think someone is opening packages hoping it has a value they can steal - the problem appears to be the international sorting facility in New York. I always ship with tracking and many times the package is located at the sorting facility for 2 or more weeks and when you submit a tracking request for a lost package suddenly the package arrives a few days later all taped up with a letter stating it was received open. Makes you want to say mmmmmmmm??????? - if you really need the paint from a company in the USA - PM me and I will see what I can do about getting it to you. I know I really like the Zero paints and I usually buy 2Kg packages at a time from Steve at Hiroboy to keep the shipping down but still it's 46 British pounds to ship 2Kg to the USA which is about $75 USD - so I will keep biting the bullet and paying the price. For all the USA "Zero" paint fans - Mac at Mac's Modelling (AZRM) is going to try to import them thru Steve at Hiroboy - PM me if you want a copy of the "newsletter" - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
tuningmaniacs
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
... - if you really need the paint from a company in the USA - PM me and I will see what I can do about getting it to you. ...
Much appreciated but I don't want anybody to risk get in serious trouble because of some modelling paint. I'll stick to Zero Paints which I can buy without problems.

Thank you anyway.
Regards
Old 06-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

I hope Scale Finishes is back up and running again soon. Jameston is a good guy, and his paints are great.
BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #23
leafs004
AF Newbie

If you're in the US, I would also suggest checking out Coast Airbrush. Basically a custom automotive paint store that caters to smaller needs. The House of Kolor line is very nice with all the effects you can create. The downside is that they don't sell paint color-matched to racecars.

However, when you see what you can do with HOK paint, you might just put aside the racecars for a bit and say, "let's see what custom paint job I can do with this car."
leafs004 is offline   Reply With Quote