Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #31
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 2002 Lincoln ls Has no heat

Did you try the steps outlined here? I don't recall if these work on a 2000, but if not, someone probably corrected the steps elsewhere in the thread. You could also search the forum for keyword DATC.

I purchased the DCCV for my wife's 2002 from Fast Parts Network for around $160. I couldn't find it listed on the Parts Catalog but contacted Torrie for the information to order the DCCV and he quickly replied with the info.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #32
nalore1713
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to nalore1713

Hi there...

Thanks for the quick response to my post.... I was able to run the DATC test and i got

What does this mean?
nalore1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #33
nalore1713
AF Newbie

shorod

I should have mentioned that the problem with the "NO HEAT" came about after the AC was fixed.

Prior the letting the shop replace some ac lines, and charge it, the heat was the only thing that worked on my car for nearly a year.

as soon as the ac was fixed, I have not been aboe to get any heat out of the car. at first it was only the center vent passenger side that blew some for a bit but now there is no heat at all.

I took it back to the shop and they want to charge me around $700 to replaced some head control unit...
Old 10-28-2009, 06:39 AM   #34
shorod
SHO No Mo

Code 5041 means "SCP invalid or missing data for function read vehicle speed." Have you noticed if your cruise control, speedometer, or ABS has been doing anything odd lately? I don't know how much impact such a code would have on the operation of the HVAC though.

Do you know specifically what the shop changed out on the car for the AC? I wonder if they had the cooling system open/drained for some of the work (such as replacing the A/C condensor) and maybe there is an air pocket in the cooling system causing the no heat condition.

-Rod
Old 10-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #35
nalore1713
AF Newbie

Cruse control has not worked ever since the Engine was replaced Back in 2007. At that time, the ClokSpring was also replace and the Airbag Light indicator finally turned off. An Issue that came with the car when I bought it and that I dealt with for years,.

According to the work order from AAA car care.. they "Remove & Replace Manifold & Tube Assembly - A/C line Assembly". Total of $550

Obviously, they had to vacuum or discharge whatever Freon was left in it., Do the work and then Recharge system.

Also, if the DCCV is clogged can It be removed and cleaned.. Does anyone have pictures on this..... I used to have the Lincoln Motor Repair DVD manual but it stopped working on me and can't find it anywhere.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #36
shorod
SHO No Mo

The reason I asked about the cruise control is because the vehicle speed is derived from the ABS system, which also provides the vehicle speed input to the cruise control system. There may be a tie here and the code may have been in the DATC system this whole time. I'm not sure if they would have had the cooling system opened to replace the manifold and tube assembly.

There is a bleed procedure for the cooling system posted on the forum, you might search for the procedure and try it on your car before pulling the DCCV. To answer your question about cleaning the DCCV, yeah, it is possible to disassemble it once it's removed from the car. However, once you go to the work of getting the old one off, you may decide it's worth the $160 to put a new one one. I have a few photos of the one I took apart. I can send them to you if you provide me with an e-mail address via Private Message that can accept JPEG attachments.

As for the service manual DVD, you probably need to backdate your computer system clock to get it to launch again.

-Rod
Old 10-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #37
nalore1713
AF Newbie

You can Email me at [removed]

As for the DVD. Is the DVD itself that i does not work. I think it is due to scratches and what have you..

I'll search for the bleeding procedures....

On another note, is there another tread or post on EGR issues... Ever since the engine was replaced, I have had and on and off issues with an EGR code and the Engine light comes on.

I have replaced the EGR and the DPFE. This seems to stop the issue but not for long. This time around after the DPFE was replaced, the issue did not return again for about 10 months.

Now is Back again but it is not always there. The Light Some days is on and some days IT IS NOT

Last edited by shorod; 10-29-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Removed e-mail address.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #38
nalore1713
AF Newbie

Sorry., I forgot and important tip.. that is..

The CEL (Check Engine Light) coming on has not effect what so ever ont eh performance of the car. I have dealt with this issues for about 2 years now.. it is only a problem because it will not pass State Inspection if this CEL is ON....Grrrrrr

Codes have been read multiple times from Autozone and local shops and they all said it is an EGR issue..
Old 10-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #39
shorod
SHO No Mo

I'll get the photos e-mailed to you hopefully tonight after I get home from work.

Do you have a listing of specifically what codes were read by Autozone? There are probably about 20 different codes related to the EGR system.

-Rod
Old 10-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #40
nalore1713
AF Newbie

Rod,

Unfortunately, I do not remember the last code read from it since it was done about a month ago. Presently, the CEL or MIL is NOT ON. It has been off for the past 4 days.

After 3 hours of the car just sitting on the driveway, I decided to start it and and rev it up and see if the MIL would come ON but,... no go. What I noticed is that it pegs at 2800 to 2900 Rpms and the car jerks a little bit.

I was not able to get RPMS to 3k or more... Weird. I never noticed this before,

I rather post this under "EGR Issues" or or some other thread.. I just could not find one or maybe I have not looked hard enough in the forum.. Any Ideas...
Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #41
shorod
SHO No Mo

The photos are on their way to your inbox, and I deleted your e-mail address from the above post to reduce your chances of getting spam.

Most modern cars have computer-controlled rev limiters to prevent you from exceeding some number of engine rpms when the car is in park and usually neutral as well. Ford typically sets theirs around 3500 rpms, that is probably what you are experiencing.

-Rod
Old 11-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #42
joe74pinto
AF Newbie

Hello,
I'm new to this site, not sure how to ask a question but i'll give it a shot.
I guess i'm not the only one with LS problems. I'm am trying to figure out a problem with a 2002 LS. When you turn the a/c on it works for a few minutes the blows hot air. The heat also does not work. Did the tests following Rod's procedure and came up with 8888. Also heated seat on drivers side does not work. The cruse control you have to turn off then the minus symbol to set. Any ideas? The climate control is the main concern right now.
joe74pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #43
tkswan
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett007 View Post
new to the site, hi all and thanks for any help.
have a 01 lincoln with sudden loss of heat and temp gauge has bounced all over from mid to hot. so i changed the thermastat, but to no aval!!! so reading all of these posts has given me some insite, and im thinking that im in for a bit of a rollar coaster ride.
long and short, no heat, new thermastat. was wondering about an "air lock." funny thing was that during my air removal trials i left both the air release, and over flow caps on. then i play with the lower rad hose and tried to purged the system that way. and it worked! but onced i shut the car off and let it cool, i was right back to were i was. any help out there. just so "you" know the car has a new hvac deck...... about 3 years old.

Happened to me too. There was air in the core. My symptom was that the the heat in my LS would reach its expected temperature when at high rpms (driving) and get cold when idling. Seems it's very difficult to bleed the air from the LS. The manual says it will air bleed at idle with the bleed tube opened but actually you have to run it up to over 2000rpm and it still takes forever. I just took it to the dealership to have it them bleed the air out. I think they pressure bleed them or something.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #44
joe74pinto
AF Newbie

Thank's for the info about air in the system which I belive she has some too. I noticed when she stops it cools off. But anyway I found out the heat and the a/c work as long you run them on manual. Any clues why that would be?
joe74pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #45
danielsatur
AF Enthusiast

If the manual works, and the Auto don't, it sounds like a bad DATC.

I would check with Shorod, he might have a spare for sale.
danielsatur is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ