Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #121
Julie Watson
AF Newbie

Re: Build your own car from SCRATCH?!

Its really great AF Newbie. Good work dude.
Is it really possible to do. Please do one for me also.
Julie Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #122
youngkia1
Authorized Kia Vendor

I must say that i never experience it before. but after reading your post it inspires me to go for it. Now I'm thinking to do one. Thanks for the idea. And by the way nice work dude. I like it.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #123
BringingTaurusBack
AF Newbie

Hey I don't mean to stray from your topic but after seeing the work you can do I'm hoping you can offer me the best advice.

I may not be building a car from scratch but I am working on my first project car... It's a Ford Taurus SHO

My story: So I've grown up having no one to teach me "anything" about cars. In high school I was given a granny 94 taurus, which an old lady hit while it was parked and with that money got a 97 tuarus. Within the last couple months it broke down and I ended up paying a little over 400 to get it fixed and then another 3 weeks and it breaks down again and cost more to repair than it's worth so I junked it and was browsing for a car. This car is the first car I've bought with my own money and so I want it to be something I can be proud of..and I guess seeing a taurus that is built more for performance and thinking of the "third one's a charm," I couldn't turn away.

Alright so I'm hoping to have 4-5k to put into the car by this summer but I don't know where to start. I have a friend of my dad's who is really good with body work but he has very little time with work and has back problems so I don't know how often I'll be able to get some time for him to help teach me either. As far as the looks go I'll post the links to parts I plan on getting for it but do you have any advice on how to make it more unique other than these parts..?

Spoiler: http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1...i00091816.html

Hood/scoops:
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1...r00080252.html
(I'm not sure if all of that is included or just the scoop in the middle..?)

Body Kit:
http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dime...110244/613602/

Those are all things I plan to work on later in the future but where I need the real help is learning to build the engine... Do you have any advice or know where I can learn what I need to know? I'm a full time business college student so as far as schooling goes that'll have to wait until I get my degree in business.

Sorry for taking so much time lol I'm just really developing a passion for this and it's the largest goal that I have right now.
BringingTaurusBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #124
sgraber
AF Newbie

FOR SALE - The Original La Bala Prototype #0001 - $19,700

This is not a car built from any kit, and there will never be another one exactly like it. This is the very first original built from scratch La Bala that is the 'Eve' car for all the customer cars.
This car was the featured centerfold in the April 2008 Kit Car Builder Magazine where the author stated that he enjoyed driving the La Bala better than a Viper and told me that it was 'Better than the E-ticket ride at an amusement park'.
This is the car that won the coveted 'Editors Choice Award' at the AHA Knott's Berry Farm National Kit Car Show.
This is a car that averages close to 50 miles per gallon! It is very light, very quick, corners like it's on roller coaster rails and is most amazingly very very smooth riding.
More testimonials: Read what magazine editor Patrick Ernzen said about this very special car in the May 2009 edition of Desert Motors Magazine. [PDF], and what LB1 builder James Holley thought about it after his visit to Phoenix to drive it.
This particular LB1 prototype vehicle features a Toyota 20 valve 180HP 1.6 Liter engine with ITB's and velocity stacks which make a wonderful symphony of sound. It has recently been upgraded to adjustable GAZ coilover dampers on all 4 corners. It has an AIM mychron digital dash with track datalogger, race seats and harness, quick release Momo steering wheel, NO doors, NO wipers, NOTHING that does not make the car go, stop or turn. It is the purest essence of motoring possible and it is all wrapped around totally dependable Toyota hubs, brakes, steering rack and engine.
The LB1 prototype is no ordinary vehicle. New owner must agree to offer first right of refusal to Grabercars, LLC prior to any resale. Terms and Conditions may apply. Call 602-373-4605 for more details and to make your offer.

I'm building the car of my dreams...
La Bala - A Lightweight Sports Car for Street and Track
http://www.grabercars.com/
sgraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #125
tryongliph
AF Newbie

Hey, love the piece, love the wheels. I've been dreaming of building a car for God knows how long. Sad part is I live in Ghana where people see it as near impossible to do. Is it too much asking for you to give me pointers, or we communicate of the forum so i can share my ideas with you?
tryongliph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #126
Maclane
AF Newbie

hello guys , iīm new here as iīm new to (building your car) world so please be patience on me if i asked some stupid questions
first of all i apologize if i didnīt post this thread in the right place cuz i kinda feel lost in here

what i actually need help with is that i always had a dream of having one of those great cars that i see on google search for ( super cars) but unfortenately i canīt afford one , besides i also had a dream of having a car that i built myself,~
so i thought that MAY BE building a car on my own could be much cheaper as long as i will exclude the compnay profit margin and other costs i wonīt pay
but the problem is that my informations of cars doesnīt exceed how to drive it
so as i have seen lots of people here building there own cars from scratch ot kit cars ,i believe that i came to the right palce to ask where i shall start from
i would be VERY thankful if someone made a breif explaination of the ( building your own car) concept or at least guided me to anywhere that i can start learning building cars from ZERO
i also aplogize if there was some miss-spelling cuz iīm not a native english speaker

Thanks Alot
Maclane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #127
nathanlewis21j
AF Newbie

Hi i am interested in building a lancia integrale lookalike from scratch i was thinking about using a mk 2 focus chassis and front suspension and rear suspension from an m3, how do u make/get a 4 wheel drive system and what should i make the body out of?
nathanlewis21j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #128
megawrench
AF Newbie

i have seen some of these custom cars built from scratch but they all look the same identicle body so how can it be from scratch this has to be from a kit or something or at least a instruction book of some kind, I plan to really build it from scratch custom build the fiberglass body then build the frame from scratch, i have built some chassis from a pile of pipe before so the frame i dont think will be a problem i'm just really haveing a hard time thinking of how i will start the body from scratch i'm thinking of building a skeleton from wood and cardboard first and then fiberglass the shell and continue to cutting out the doors and hood and trunk and then to build them for sturdiness once the rough shell is complete what do you think.
megawrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #129
No Sound
AF Newbie

i have seen some of these custom cars built from scratch but they all look the same identicle body so how can it be from scratch this has to be from a kit or something or at least a instruction book of some kind, I plan to really build it from scratch custom build the fiberglass body then build the frame from scratch, i have built some chassis from a pile of pipe before so the frame i dont think will be a problem i'm just really haveing a hard time thinking of how i will start the body from scratch i'm thinking of building a skeleton from wood and cardboard first and then fiberglass the shell and continue to cutting out the doors and hood and trunk and then to build them for sturdiness once the rough shell is complete what do you think.

Load of crap, Cheers Andy
No Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #130
shawnk297
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Build your own car from SCRATCH?!

this was our build...taking it wasent really from scratch but it was close to scratch

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...hp?f=7&t=21107

http://oldjapanesecar.proboards.com/...ad=3000&page=1
shawnk297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #131
ezooone
AF Newbie

Hello..i really interested in building my own car..is there anyone can share a guide or book regarding this field? thank you..
ezooone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #132
jkiller301
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Build your own car from SCRATCH?!

So I am just starting my build and was wondering how you guys tackled the transmission. I am hoping to use a Ford 5.0L V8 motor out of a 2011 Ford Mustang GT, due to its great power to weigh ratio and HP possibilities.
However.... I don't know how to do the transmission since my project car will be a rear engine car. I have though of extending the rear of the car and putting the current transmission in backwards, making it a front wheel drive...(obviously i will custom every single mount and bracket)... how ever then the gear shifter would simply be backwards, am i right? OR if some one knows a way to make it possible to make it mid engine, and keep it rear wheel drive with that motor please let me know!!!
jkiller301 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars