Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
McLaren F1 Guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to McLaren F1 Guy
Big News - Mclaren To Be Bought Out? F2 And F3 To Be Made?

We all know that Enzo Ferrari and Ferrucio Lamborghini had beef but since when did Mercedes and Mclaren start hating the man who inspired one of the greatest road cars..ever. Mercedes which contracted Mclaren to build the SLR is planning to buy Mclaren. Hell they already have 3 cars planned.

The F1 will be replaced and have the sole objective of stealing the Enzo's crown. It is rumored that it may only have one seat, but no more then 2. I really liked the 3 seat configuration though. It will have a V10 mounted midship and a redline around 10,000 rpm. Bhp will definetley be more then the Enzo's 650. Volume is around 250 and a price of 834,000 dollars.

The F2 is designed to take on the current 456GT or the New 460 which if you have seen the sketches is gorgeous. It will be a 2+2 with a detuned V-10 from the F1 producing around 550 bhp. It will have great performance but will also be very luxurious. Volume:750, Price: 222,000 dollars.

Lastly- To compete in a niche already full of supercars (360, GT3, Gallardo, Turbo, AMV8) we have the F3 ( I think the guy who makes up car names is on vacation). This car will have a naturally aspirated V-10 mounted behind th driver, a la 360, making 425 bhp. A spyder version is predicted. Volume is predicted to be 2,500 and price is around 166,000 dollars.

The SLR will be retired after 7 years but it will be superseded by an AMG super-coupe.

If Mercedes buys out McLaren, oh MAN will I be mad. I am Anti-Mercedes and I love BMW. I don't think they should make an F2 or F3. If they're going to make a car, they might as well try to take down the Veyron and do what they did with the F1: have the best parts on every peice of the car no matter what the cost.

There's no power greater than / / / M
McLaren F1 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:32 AM   #2
McLaren Superfan
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to McLaren Superfan
they don't need to beat enzo, it has no crown, mclaren is the ultimate car in every possible way
McLaren Superfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 05:22 AM   #3
farbod
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to farbod Send a message via Yahoo to farbod
slr amg that sound awsome
but im not at all happy with the f2 and the f3
farbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 05:40 AM   #4
maartenvanthek
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to maartenvanthek
i think they shouldn't make a second car with the name "F1" because the F1 was one man's dream, a piece of art, not some car that was made to be a mercedes image booster, a ferrari crown beater or anything else, it's something like nothing else, that is what makes it so unique, and better than anything else.
it's wrong to make a car and say it's a piece of art, art is not made by the maker, it's made by others
maartenvanthek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 05:46 AM   #5
farbod
AF Enthusiast

i think they should just stop and not make a second car they should just stop the mclaren is amazing and to try and make a car better than it is just stupid
Old 09-29-2003, 04:30 PM   #6
farbod
AF Enthusiast

this is not good news
Old 10-07-2003, 10:36 AM   #7
tranceclimber
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tranceclimber Send a message via MSN to tranceclimber
This is TOTAL bad news in the worst way. If Mercedes buys out Mclaren, it will be the end of a legend; a legacy of the finest quality craftsmanship, engineering, individuality, and carmaking. It's diluting the dream. It's turning something that was once so pure into something cliche and overproduced. The allure of the name Mclaren and the rarity of it's cars will be lost.
tranceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:38 PM   #8
CRXloon
AF Enthusiast

McLaren F1 Guy, how did you come by all this information?
CRXloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 03:46 PM   #9
Stratoraptor
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Stratoraptor
Re: Big News - Mclaren To Be Bought Out? F2 And F3 To Be Made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXloon
McLaren F1 Guy, how did you come by all this information?
its just a rumour that has been circulating around the internet. but some people honestly belive that all these cars WILL be produced only because they want it to happen that badly. i personally think that the McLaren-Mercedes partnership will produce more cars in the futures, but not anything like these anytime so soon after the launch of the SLR...of which by the way is going to be built for the next few years to come.
Stratoraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:10 AM   #10
McMercSLR
AF Newbie

As i work for McLaren i can assure you that nothing like the F1 will be built for many years to come if ever. The F2 and F3 are myths. Project 7, the SLR, is scheduled to finish production in 2010. By then Project 8 will have surfaced and it will be a smaller style of SLR with cost cutting in mind. However in my opinion it will not be long before Mercedes take over Mclaren Automotive completley and i agree, that will be a very sad day.
McMercSLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:12 PM   #11
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Big News - Mclaren To Be Bought Out? F2 And F3 To Be Made?

i doubt that will happen. and if it does they will not be called the f1, f2 and f3.
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 06:42 PM   #12
Guyanson_Mendiola
AF Enthusiast

that's true that the Enzo doesn't have the Supercar crown because the amazing McLaren F1 is the world's fastest automobile and my opinion on Mercedes Benz buying McLaren, that would be dumb making another F1 with a V10 engine , they should stick with the BMW V12 engine instead.
Guyanson_Mendiola is offline   Reply With Quote